The IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) protocol helps you to access your emails from anywhere. Because all the data is present at the server, all the emails, files, and folders are accessible to you instantly. But, Office 365 has strengthened its position as the best platform to manage your emails, and it can handle an unlimited number of mailboxes at the same time. So, if you want to migrate from GoDaddy to Office 365, then you can complete the process in multiple phases by following the below steps –
Plan the Migration
Step 1) Gather the Office 365 Administrator credentials, GoDaddy Administrator credentials, and all the user passwords.
Step 2) Go to GoDaddy website and login with Administrator credentials –
- Go to ‘Workspace Email’ and click the option ‘Manage All.’
- It will present the list of your emails. Click the ‘Export’ option.
- At the Export wizard, select Email from the Export drop-down, check the option ‘Select All’ to select all the properties of Email. At last, choose the option ‘CSV’ as the File Format. Click Export.
- After saving the CSV file, open it and create a new row at the top for following details –
- User Name
- Email Address
Download Kernel IMAP to Office 365 migration tool to migrate IMAP mailbox data from GoDaddy to Office 365 in few simple steps.
Start the Migration from GoDaddy to office 365
- Login to Office 365 Admin center, the go-to Admin Center, and click Exchange.
- Follow recipients>>migration.
- Click Add (+) and select Migrate to Exchange Online.
- Select the last option of ‘IMAP migration (supported by Exchange and another email system).’
- Click ‘Choose File’ and browse the CSV file you created for the GoDaddy email.
- At the ‘IMAP migration configuration‘ page, fill the details for the IMAP server (imap.secureserver.net), Authentication (Basic), Encryption (SSL), Port (993). Then click Next.
- Provide a name to the batch migration, select the Bad Item limit, Large Item limit, and exclude folder. Click Next.
- Use the Browse button and select the user(s) who will get the notification at various migration stages. Then choose the option to start the migration.
- After completing the prerequisites for the migration, the batch migration will start and show its status as ‘syncing.’
- You can click the View details link and get the current status of the batch items.
- Finally, when all the emails are migrated from GoDaddy to Office 365, then the status of the batch will change to synced.’
NOTE: The migration method which we covered above is suitable for migrating the email from the GoDaddy IMAP only. If you have account in Gmail, Outlook or Hotmail, then you can run a data migration also for IMAP migration in Office 365 Admin Center. So, if you have contacts and calendar in your mailbox, then you will have to migrate them separately.
There is a simple method using Outlook by which you can export your IMAP data to a PST file and later import it to Office 365 mailbox through Outlook.
Migrate GoDaddy IMAP Mailboxes to Office 365 Easily
The process to migrate from GoDaddy to office 365 is not straightforward, and you need to migrate emails and calendar/contacts separately. To perform the migration easily, you can use a simple migration tool called Kernel IMAP to Office 365. It can access your GoDaddy IMAP mailbox and move it directly to Office 365. There is no limitation in migrating the data, and you can migrate email, contacts, calendar, and all other folders at the same time.
To know more about the migration, you should check the following procedure to migrate GoDaddy mailboxes data to Office 365 account.
- Run the software and click the Add button in the Add Source Section.
- Input the User Email/Login ID and Password of your GoDaddy account, then click Add.
- Now, click the Add button in the Add Destination Section.
- Input the credentials of the Office 365 account and click the Add Button.
- Now, you can map the source IMAP mailbox with the Office 365 mailbox. Click Set Filer and Migrate.
- Select from Mailbox, Archive mailbox, and Public folder for both source and destination account. Then click Migrate.
- Apply the various filters like folder selection, date filter, exclude deleted items, exclude empty folder, migrate whole hierarchy into a single folder, operation timeout for large items, skip previously migrated items, and migrate into Office 365 Group. Then click I am OK, Start Migration.
- After a successful migration, you will get the successful message. Click OK.
The process to migrate from Godaddy to office 365 is not straightforward, and you need to migrate emails and calendar/contacts separately. To perform a simple migration, you can use a simple migration tool called Kernel IMAP to Office 365. It can access your GoDaddy IMAP mailbox and move it directly to Office 365. There is no limitation in migrating the data, and you can migrate email, contacts, calendar, and all other folders at the same time.