In this article, we are going to tell you how you can continue and complete the process to migrate G Suite to Office 365. In the first part of the article, we have shown how to prepare an environment for migration.
- Migrate G Suite to Office 365 through IMAP Part 1
- Migrate G Suite to Office 365 through IMAP Part 2
Download Kernel G Suite to Office 365, an automated tool to migrate important data, like Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Hangout Conversation, Docs, etc. from G Suite to Office 365/Microsoft 365 in easy steps.
- From the Exchange Admin Center Panel, click on Migration.
- Select New> Migrate to Exchange Online.
- We mark IMAP Migration and click on next.
- We select the CSV file with the Gmail email accounts that have to be migrated and click on next.
- We configure the connection to Gmail and click on next.
- In the following screen we configure the limit of incorrect elements (this option is for migration once the configured number is reached), large element limit (optional) and folder exclusion (optional). We click on next.
- We configure the recipient to receive the migration reports and if we want it to start automatically or manually. We click on new and close the window.
- In the Exchange Online console, in the migration section we can start, stop or delete. Email replication takes depending on the user number and the number of emails. You can download reports and see in detail the number of mailboxes migrated and the errors that have occurred.
How to Migrate Contacts?
- From the Gmail account we go to the Google applications menu (top right) and select contacts.
- In the left panel we select More> Export.
- We mark Outlook CSV and click on Export.
- Access our Office 365 email account.
- In the left panel (bottom part) we select contacts.
- Select Manage> Import contacts.
- In the next step we browse and upload the CSV file exported from Gmail.
How to Migrate The Calendar?
- From the Gmail account, we go to the Google applications menu (top right) and select calendar.
- In the top right, we select the gear icon > Settings.
- We select Export in the right panel and Export in the left panel.
- A .zip file will be downloaded with all our calendars. Each calendar is a .ics file that we will use later to import it into Office 365.
Access to https://outlook.office365.com/owa.
In the lower part we select calendar
- Select Import calendar > From file.
- We are selecting the .ics files that we have exported from Gmail to import them in Office 365.
This was the detailed procedure of migration from G Suite to Office 365 via IMAP. But, you can easily conclude that it is a time-taking process. It also has the chances of data loss or corruption. So, to avoid such difficulties and complete the migration in a hassle-free way, it is advised to consider a professional, efficient and secured G Suite to Office 365 migration tool like Kernel G Suite to Office 365. It can migrate unlimited mailboxes from G Suite to Office 365. Users can migrate G Suite mailbox items like emails, contacts, and calendar/appointments. Also, users can perform selective migration using folder and date range filters. It migrates G Suite content to Office 365 groups, public folder, archive mailbox, or regular mailbox directly. Also, it supports incremental migration of G Suite data. Try the free trial version of the tool available on the website to get a basic understanding of its features and functions.