In this article, we are going to tell you how you can complete your migration from G Suite to Office 365. In the first part of the article, we have shown how to prepare an environment for migration.
1- Migrate G Suite to Office 365 through IMAP Part 1
2- Migrate G Suite to Office 365 through IMAP Part 2
- From the Exchange Online Panel, click on Migration
- Select New> Migrate to Exchange Online
- We mark IMAP Migration and click on next
- We select the CSV file with the Gmail email accounts that have to be migrated and click on next
- We configure the connection to Gmail and click on next
- In the following screen we configure the limit of incorrect elements (this option is for migration once the configured number is reached), large element limit (optional) and folder exclusion (optional). We click on next.
- We configure the recipient to receive the migration reports and if we want it to start automatically or manually. We click on new and close the window
- In the Exchange Online console, in the migration section we can start, stop or delete. Email replication takes depending on the user number and the number of emails. You can download reports and see in detail the number of mailboxes migrated and the errors that have occurred:
HOW TO MIGRATE CONTACTS?
From the Gmail account we go to the Google applications menu (top right) and select contacts:
In the left panel we select More> Export:
We mark Outlook CSV and click on Export:
Access our Office 365 email account:
In the left panel (bottom part) we select contacts:
Select Manage> Import contacts
In the next step we choose Gmail and select the CSV file exported from Gmail:
HOW TO MIGRATE THE CALENDAR?
From the Gmail account we go to the Google applications menu (top right) and select calendar:
In the top right we select in the configuration menu> Configuration:
We select Export in the right panel and Export in the left panel.
A .zip file will be downloaded with all our calendars. Each calendar is a .ics file that we will use later to import it into Office 365.
Access to https://outlook.office365.com/owa
In the lower part we select calendar:
Select Add calendar> From a file:
We are selecting the .ics files that we have exported from Gmail to import them in Office 365:
This was the detailed procedure of migration from G Suite to Office 365 via IMAP. But, you can easily conclude that it is a time-taking process. It also has the chances of data loss or corruption. So, to avoid such difficulties and complete the migration in a hassle-free way, you can use Kernel IMAP to Office 365 migration tool. It can migrate unlimited mailboxes from IMAP email servers and send them to Office 365.