Most of the Office 365 migration/backup tools from KernelApps uses Exchange Web Services (EWS) for accessing Office 365. This includes the following tools:
- Kernel Office 365 Backup
- Kernel Import PST to Office 365
- Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore
- Kernel Migrator for Exchange – Express Edition
- Kernel Office 365 Migration
- Kernel Office 365 Migrator for Lotus Notes
However, while using these tools, you may sometimes face the error:
"The server cannot service this request right now. Try again later"
This is because you have enabled EWS throttling in Office 365. To solve this issue, you need to disable EWS throttling in Office 365.
How to Disable the EWS Throttling in Office 365?
Disabling EWS throttling increases the speed for the Office 365 migration. So, you can disable it if you are facing speed issues in Office 365 migration.
- Log in to Office 365 using the Administrator credentials.
- Go to Support and click New Service Request.
- In the text box, write throttling, and it will show Increase EWS throttling Policy. Then click enter.
- Click Run Tests.
- A diagnosis will start for the throttling. Let it complete.
- A message will appear that if you are planning or performing a data migration, you can temporarily change the Exchange EWS Throttling Policy to allow the migration to complete. Input the number of days for the Duration and click Update Settings. The available options are 30, 60, and 90 days.
- A Success message appears that a change in throttling policy is initiated. It will take 15 minutes to update the changes.
- Now when you search for throttling in the new request, a different message appears. It shows that the EWS throttling is disabled for now.