To secure the Office 365 content and ensure its accessibility when the server is offline, when the internet facility is unavailable, or login credentials are misplaced, the regular backup of Office 365 data is suggested. These backups may include duplicate items when taken manually. So, choosing a perfect professional Office 365 backup solution like Kernel Office 365 Backup and Restore is the best option. It lets users skip already migrated items to avoid any duplicate items during migration (Incremental Migration). This advanced utility facilitates automated backup of Office 365, on-premises/hosted Exchange Server items to PST, and other file formats and restoring Outlook PST files to Office 365 or on-premises/hosted Exchange Server. Let us understand the software features and functions more in the coming section.
Know how to skip Duplicate Items in Office 365 Backup via Kernel Office 365 Backup and Restore tool
The Incremental Migration feature of Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore lets you skip duplicate items during the migration. Here, we will show you how to skip duplicate items using the Incremental Migration option.
Reach the Kernel Office 365 Backup and Restore software website to install it on your system.
- Launch the Kernel Office 365 Backup and Restore software on your system.
- On the Welcome Screen, click the Backup option to initiate the Office 365 Backup process on your system.
- Click the Add option to add the Office 365 account for the backup.
- On the Office 365/Exchange Login page, enter the cloud account login credentials like user name and password. Select the Single Mailbox option to add the administrator mailbox for backup. If you want to assign the permission rights to the user mailboxes, select the related checkbox, and finally, click the Add option.
- The Office 365 account is successfully added. Users can add more accounts by clicking on the plus icon. Here, click the Set Filter and Migrate option to proceed with a single Office 365 account.
- Select the Migration Type folder from Microsoft 365 mailbox, public folder, and archive mailbox option and click Migrate.
- All the content within the added Office 365 account mailbox will get listed on the Filter Selection page. Here, you have the choice to select folders for backup, add a date range filter, item type filter, exclude deleted or empty folders, and set operation time out. Also, we have the main option to skip previously migrated items to perform an incremental backup process; select this option. This option helps to prevent or skip any duplicate item migration in the backup process.
After all filters and options selections, click I am OK, Start Migration.
- On the next page, select the output file format such as PST and click OK.
- Now, select the destination folder on the system drive or create a new folder via the Make New Folder option to create a new folder with any name on the specified system drive. Then click OK.
- The selected Office 365 backup without any duplicate items will start and display the live progress.
- On the completion of the Office 365 backup process, a confirmation message will appear. Click Ok and save the backup report to CSV file format at the desired system drive with the given option.
Note: The Filter Selection page options, including the Skip Previously Migrated Items (Incremental) are similar while restoring PST files to Office 365 with the Restore feature of the application.
Hence, now Office 365 backup can be performed without any duplicate items.