Office 365 Groups crosses several applications present in the plan and all the members of a groups can share their resource more optimally. It also lowers the workload scattered across SharePoint site, MS Teams, Yammer, Stream, etc. After creating the Group and adding members in it, you longer require to manually assign permissions to each member.
Which kind of Group is useful for your business?
It's crucial to keep in mind that there are rarely any perfect solutions while you weigh your alternatives. There may be numerous methods that different teams choose to collaborate, and Office 365 offers the capabilities to support collaboration in whichever format your teams prefer.
- If your team need a shared calendar and wants to communicate via email: Use Outlook to create the Office 365 Group.
- If your team prefers to work together using embedded applications or a persistent chat environment: Establish a Microsoft Team Group.
- If you want to establish a sizable, public discussion platform for your business, say, for announcements and conversations at the executive level: Create a Yammer group.
Microsoft specifically doesn’t provide any utility that can be used to export Office 365 Groups to Outlook. So, you have to use a third-party tool to export the Office 365 groups. Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore is among one of the best utilities to export Office 365 Groups to Outlook PST.
It is an efficient tool that is used to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST. It provides some great benefits to users which include:
- Back up Office 365 mailboxes to PST without installing Outlook
- Export Office 365 Groups to PST or import PST file to Office 365 Groups
- Export User/Archive mailboxes/Shared mailboxes & Public folders to PST
- Advanced filters to extract specific data
- Skip empty/deleted folders and duplicate items from export or import
- Save the export/import report to CSV file
- Works with on-premises/hosted Exchange & Exchange Online
To get a better understanding, let’s have a look at the working process of this tool. Follow the below steps to export Office 365 Groups to Outlook PST.
Note: To export multiple mailboxes, use an Office 365 account with administrative privileges.
- Download and install the software on your system.
- After launching the tool, click the Backup option to export Office 365 Groups to PST.Note: To export multiple mailboxes, use an Office 365 account with administrative privileges.
- In the opened window, click Add to add Office 365 account from which you want to export Groups to PST.
- In Office 365/Exchange Login window, enter the details for Office 365 account and enter the Group email id in the specified section, and then click Add.
- The Group ID will be displayed in the software; click Set Filter and Migrate.
- Now, select the type of data that you want to migrate from the Office 365 Group, and then click Migrate.
- The filtering wizard will appear on the screen, apply filters to as per your needs, and then click I am OK Start Migration.
- The Save As pop-up will appear on the screen, select the PST option, and click Ok.
- Select a location to save the PST file and click OK.
- The software will export the Group to PST; once complete, a notification will appear on the screen, click OK.
- If you want to save the report to CSV file, click Save report to CSV.
You can save the report to CSV format, and later this file can be used to restore the data to Office 365. To restore the data, you can use the “Restore” option of the software.
Exporting Office 365 Groups to Outlook PST is crucial if you want to backup Office 365 Groups. But, having no manual methods to export Groups to PST makes it a little hectic. So, prefer using above mentioned professional tool to export your Office 365 Groups to Outlook PST.