The Microsoft 365 plans that consists of Exchange Online and SharePoint Online gives you the additional feature to create the Groups. In Groups, the Administrator can add multiple users in it where they can share documents in them. The Microsoft 365 Groups consist of the crucial data and whenever you want to export the Group data to Outlook, then the Microsoft does not have such feature.
Microsoft specifically doesn’t provide any utility that can be used to export Office 365 Groups to Outlook. So, you have to use a third-party tool to export the Office 365 groups. Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore is among one of the best utilities to export Office 365 Groups to Outlook PST.
Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore
Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore is an efficient tool that is used to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST. It provides some great benefits to users which include:
- Back up Office 365 mailboxes to PST without installing Outlook
- Export Office 365 Groups to PST or import PST to Office 365 Groups
- Export User/Archive/Shared mailboxes & Public folders to PST
- Advanced filters to extract specific data
- Skip empty/deleted folders and duplicate items from export or import
- Save the export/import report to CSV file
- Works with on-premises/hosted Exchange & Exchange Online
To get a better understanding, let’s have a look at the working process of this tool. Follow the below steps to export Office 365 Groups to Outlook PST.
Note: To export multiple mailboxes, use an Office 365 account with administrative privileges.
- Download and install Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore on your system.
- After launching the tool, click the Backup option to export Office 365 Groups to PST. Note: To export multiple mailboxes, use an Office 365 account with administrative privileges.
- In the opened window, click Add to add Office 365 account from which you want to export Groups to PST.
- In Office 365/Exchange Login window, enter the details for Office 365 account and enter the Group email id in the specified section, and then click Add.
- The Group ID will be displayed in the software; click Set Filter and Migrate.
- Now, select the type of data that you want to migrate from the Office 365 Group, and then click Migrate.
- The filtering wizard will appear on the screen, apply filters to as per your needs, and then click I am OK Start Migration.
- The Save As pop-up will appear on the screen, select the PST option, and click Ok.
- Select a location to save the PST file and click OK.
- The software will export the Group to PST; once complete, a notification will appear on the screen, click OK.
- If you want to save the report to CSV file, click Save report to CSV.
You can save the report to CSV format, and later this file can be used to restore the data to Office 365. To restore the data, you can use the “Restore” option of Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore.
Exporting Office 365 Groups to Outlook PST is crucial if you want to backup Office 365 Groups. But, having no manual methods to export Groups to PST makes it a little hectic. So, prefer using Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore tool to export your Office 365 Groups to Outlook PST.