OST file is used to maintain an offline copy of all the user’s information like messages, tasks, calendar, contacts, etc. This Offline Storage Table allows users to work uninterruptedly even without a server connection. Outlook later synchronizes the changes made by the user with the server. Due to virus attacks, bad sectors in drive, and oversized file issue with OST, tend to get OST file severely corrupt. The process of OST recovery is to be conducted with utmost accuracy and security using the Kernel for OST Recovery. It helps to retrieve all the items of the inaccessible and corrupted OST file to save them into the user’s preferred output format.
This Will Guide you Through the OST Recovery Process-
- Download and install the OST recovery software on your system.
- Launch it, and the home screen will appear.
- Click on File. A new file selection window will appear; click on Browse to choose the OST file.
- Select the file from anywhere on the system and click on Open.
- The file will be displayed on the tool. Click on Next to proceed.
- Select any item to get a detailed preview of it.
- Click on the preferred output format. Select Next.
- Choose appropriate filters to apply to the search. And select Next.
- Click on Browse to select a saving destination for the file. Then, select Finish.
- The saving process will begin.
- After the process is completed, the user will receive a confirmation message. Click on OK.
Q- What leads to the corruption of OST files?
A- Firstly, virus attacks are the prime reason behind the OST file corruption of any kind. Larger OST files and bad sectors in the drive are also a major cause of making the file inaccessible. In addition, power cuts and sudden shutdown of the application will also add to the list.
Q- Can Scanost.exe perform OST recovery?
A- The Scanost.exe is capable of finding errors in the OST file but repairs only minor ones. One major limitation is that it is not compatible with Outlook 2010 and later versions. Read More..
Q- Are there any limitations to the manual OST repairing process?
A- To make it clear, manual methods might recover the file, but there are high chances of data loss. They are time-consuming, and users need to have adequate knowledge about the platform to handle any kind of error. These methods are not at all suitable for beginners.
Q- How does OST recovery take place in the software?
A- The software focuses on repairing the corrupted OST file before converting it into another file format. It provides an accurate recovery of existing and deleted mailbox items irrespective of the level of corruption in the file.
Q- Which are the options for output file format?
A- After complete recovery of the OST file, users can convert the file into PST, PDF, MSG, HTML, MHTML, EML, TXT, DBX, and RTF formats. Also, PST, MBOX, DBX, Office 365, Exchange, Gmail, etc., are some other saving options.
Q- How does the tool help in dealing with deleted items?
A- The software provides its users these options for the deleted items while saving the mailbox-
- Save all emails, including deleted items
- Save all emails, excluding deleted items
- Save only deleted items
Q- Can I save a specific item from the entire mailbox?
A- The tool has a ‘FIND’ option which can be selected. It will open a new page where users can filter items according to these aspects- To, From, Attachments, Date Range, and Subjects and then save data selectively.
Q- What are the major differences between the trial and full versions of the software?
A- The trial version of the software can be installed without any cost. But it allows saving 25 items per folder. The full version does not have any such limitation and allows saving unlimited items in the mailbox.