This is a guide for exporting OST files to Live Exchange with the help of Kernel OST to PST Converter.
MS Exchange Server is a professional email application that is designed to render for both personal and business needs. Many companies that rely on MS Outlook often need to export Outlook data to Live Exchange for various reasons.
An OST file is an auto-generated file that works in even offline mode and contains the same data that is present on Exchange Server. It synchronizes with Exchange mailbox after connecting to the server.
Reasons to Export OST to Live Exchange
There could be multiple reasons behind exporting OST file to Live Exchange based on the needs of users or an organization. Some of the most common reasons to export OST to Live Exchange include:
- When synchronization between OST and Exchange Server breaks
- When your server failed making OST files orphaned
- Unexpected shut down of system due to power failure, which makes the OST file corrupt
- OST file gets corrupt, and you need to recover data from it
Export OST to Live Exchange with Kernel OST to PST Converter
Kernel OST to PST converter is a unique tool that is designed to export OST file data to multiple platforms, such as PST, Office 365, MSG, and Live Exchange. Using this utility, you can even migrate OST file to Exchange Server. So, let’s see how the software works for OST to Live Exchange migration.
- Download and install the software on your system.
- On launching the software, a pop-up will appear on the screen, select the OST file that you want to export to Live Exchange. You can also choose multiple OST files for migrating to Live Exchange. After selecting the file, click Next.
Note: If you don’t know the location of the OST, you can also search for it with the Search feature.
- A pop-up with the export information will appear on the screen. Read it and click Finish.
- The tool will start scanning the OST file for retrieving data.
- Once the scanning is complete, it will display all the file folders in the left pane of the tool.
- You can preview any item by selecting it (such as Email, task, calendar, etc.).
- After previewing the data, select the data that you want to export and click the Save button.
- The Select Output Type window will appear on the screen. Select Microsoft Exchange Server and click Next.
- The filter window will appear on the screen; apply the necessary filters to the file, such as Item Type, From, To, Date, etc. and then click Next.
- Now, enter the credentials for Live Exchange (a Login ID, Server Address, & Port Number), select your saving preferences, and then click Finish.
- The software will start moving the data to Live Exchange; you can see the process on the screen.
- Once it is complete, a notification will appear on the screen displaying Data has been saved. Click Ok to end the process.
That’s all! The OST file has been exported to Live Exchange.
Exporting OST file to Exchange is a crucial task that is necessary on many occasions. This blog will help you learn the advantages of Kernel OST to PST Converter as well as the working process of the software.
Read Also : Free method to Convert OST to PST