PST is an important file format, and there is no doubt about that. Almost every email user uses MS Outlook, which stores the data in PST file format. But a PST file often creates a lot of problems for users, as it gets corrupt due to unexpected reasons such as the immediate shutdown of Outlook, sudden power failure, etc.
Therefore, many people and organizations prefer to import PST files to Office 365 mailboxes. Usually, there are different types of mailboxes available in Office 365, like primary mailboxes, shared mailboxes, etc. You can select any mailbox to import your PST file.
In this article, we will talk about importing PST file to Office 365 shared mailboxes with both manual and tool-based approach. But, before that let’s know something about Office 365 shared mailboxes.
What are Office 365 Shared Mailboxes?
Shared Mailboxes is one of the best facilities provided by Office 365. In a shared mailbox, multiple users can communicate with others within a single account. It is ideal for organizations that do most of their work in Office 365.
Businesses often their PST data to shared mailboxes to make it available for all users and also for better security. Now, let’s have a look at the effective approaches that allow importing PST to Office 365 shared mailboxes quickly.
Approaches to Import PST to Office 365 Shared Mailboxes
If you’re looking for manual approaches to import PST to Office 365 shared mailboxes, then Microsoft provides two ways to import PST to Office 365. But both the manual approaches take a lot of time and require sound technical knowledge of Office 365. Therefore, these are not suitable for those who want to import PST to Office 365 shared mailboxes immediately. So, here we have also mentioned a third-party tool that is very effective in importing PST to Office 365 shared mailboxes directly.
Kernel Import PST to Office 365 is recognized as one of the best utilities to import PST data to Office 365 by many Microsoft MVPs. It is embedded with some excellent features that make it more unique, such as import every type of PST data, PST file mapping, selective migration of PST file data, etc.
You can better understand this software by having a look at its working process. Follow the below steps to understand its working procedure.
- Download an install Kernel Import PST to Office 365 on your system.
- On launching the tool, select Add Source to add PST file(s).
- In the destination field, add Office 365 account as the destination with the right credentials.
- Both the PST file and Office 365 account will be added to the tool.
- Select the destination type where you want to import the PST file and click Migrate.
- Apply specific filters to the PST file based on your requirements and click I am Ok Start Migration.
- The migration will start. Once it is complete, a notification will appear on your screen displaying:
- Click OK to finish the process; you can save the report to CSV format by clicking Save report to CSV. This is the simplest way to import PST file to Office 365 shared mailboxes. Using the same tool, you can also migrate PST file to an archive mailbox or public folder.
Importing PST to Office 365 mailboxes becomes a necessity when there are chances of PST corruption or the data is not secured in the PST files. So, in this blog, we cover a practical approach to import PST to Office 365 shared mailboxes.