The tenant to tenant migration of SharePoint data is essential when there is a merger or acquisition between two organizations. Many Office 365 administrators find the migration of Exchange data relatively easy compared to the migration of SharePoint data. It is because of the complexity of the SharePoint environment and the absence of simple native methods for migrating data from one SharePoint Server to another. Also, SharePoint tenant to tenant migration helps organizations to consolidate their SharePoint Online assets.
Because of the unavailability of a secure manual migration method, you can go for the automated process using the migration tool. It is the most direct migration tool to complete a secure tenant to tenant SharePoint migration without any issue. Here, we will go through the whole process of adding a SharePoint site as the Source and another as the Destination for copy and move files between SharePoint.
Kernel Migrator for SharePoint
The tool uses a simple graphical user interface for the tenant to tenant SharePoint migration. Download and follow the steps as follows:
- Install and run the software. The home page presents all the options for selecting the data from Windows File System, Public Folder, SharePoint Server, OneDrive for Business, and Google Drive. Right-click the SharePoint Server and select Add New SharePoint Site.
- Provide a Project Name. Input the Site Address, Username, and Password. Click OK.
- The wizard will ask if you want to add the SharePoint Server as the destination also. Click No.
- The SharePoint Site will add as the Source. You can visit all the lists and libraries. The tool will show all the details of it.
- Now go to the destination pane. Right-click SharePoint Server and click Add New SharePoint Site.
- Provide the Project Name, Site Address, User Name, and Password. Finally, click, OK.
- The tool will ask if you want to add the SharePoint as Source. Click NO.
- The SharePoint is in the destination pane, and you can now conduct the migration.
- Go to any source list or library, select the data, right-click, and select Copy.
- Now, go to the destination pane. Select the desired library, right-click it, and select Paste.
- A new wizard shows all the items you have chosen on the source, and you can choose to deselect them. Click Next.
- The tool shows the Site URL, List/Library/Folder Name, and List/Library/Folder URL. You can use the drop-down and choose any other destination site. Click Next.
- Select any attribute of the Item and Edit them. Later, click Next to go ahead.
- The Filter page consists all the crucial filters for SharePoint tenant to tenant migration. There are Item Copy Options, Date Filter, File Filter, etc. Use these filters and click Next.
- Set the permissions for data and map the users and role groups. Click Next.
- There is an exclusive option for scheduling the migration as a suitable period. But you can also choose to run the migration immediately. Click Next.
- There is a final summary of the whole data which you are migrating. Click Next.
- A message appears and mentions that the migration will start at the scheduled time. Click Finish.
- The migration begins (you can click the Stop-Process button and stop the migration).
- At last, you can get a whole migration report with the status of each migrated item. Click Finish.
It is the best option for the tenant to tenant SharePoint migration, as no feasible manual methods are not available for the same. When you use the SharePoint Migration tool, you do not need to struggle with the migration - just add the source and destination and do a copy-&-paste from the source to the destination. The tool comes with several advanced features that make SharePoint tenant to tenant migration simplified and hassle-free. You have complete control over the migration, and after the migration, you will get a migration report with all the details. That’s why it is the most preferred tool for SharePoint tenant to tenant migration.