Tenant-to-tenant migration of SharePoint data becomes crucial during mergers or acquisitions involving two organizations. While migrating Exchange data within Office 365 may seem straightforward to many administrators, SharePoint data migration presents a more intricate challenge. This complexity arises from the intricate nature of SharePoint environments and the lack of straightforward native mechanisms for seamlessly transferring data between SharePoint Servers. Furthermore, SharePoint tenant-to-tenant migration serves as a vital tool for organizations seeking to streamline and consolidate their SharePoint Online assets.
Due to the absence of a reliable manual migration option, opting for the automated process utilizing the migration tool is your best course of action. This tool represents the most straightforward and secure method for conducting a seamless tenant-to-tenant SharePoint migration, ensuring a smooth transition without any complications. Here, we will go through the whole process of adding a SharePoint site as the Source and another as the Destination for copy and move files between SharePoint.
Kernel Migration for SharePoint
The tool uses a simple graphical user interface for the tenant to tenant SharePoint migration. Download and follow the steps as follows:
- Install and run the software. The home page presents all the options for selecting the data from Windows File System, Public Folder, SharePoint Server, OneDrive for Business, and Google Drive. Right-click the SharePoint Server and select Add New SharePoint Site.
- Provide a Project Name. Input the Site Address, Username, and Password. Click OK.
- The wizard will ask if you want to add the SharePoint Server as the destination also. Click No.
- The SharePoint Site will add as the Source. You can visit all the lists and libraries. The tool will show all the details of it.
- Now go to the destination pane. Right-click SharePoint Server and click Add New SharePoint Site.
- Provide the Project Name, Site Address, User Name, and Password. Finally, click, OK.
- The tool will ask if you want to add the SharePoint as Source. Click NO.
- The SharePoint is in the destination pane, and you can now conduct the migration.
- Go to any source list or library, select the data, right-click, and select Copy.
- Now, go to the destination pane. Select the desired library, right-click it, and select Paste.
- A new wizard shows all the items you have chosen on the source, and you can choose to deselect them. Click Next.
- The tool shows the Site URL, List/Library/Folder Name, and List/Library/Folder URL. You can use the drop-down and choose any other destination site. Click Next.
- Select any attribute of the Item and Edit them. Later, click Next to go ahead.
- The Filter page consists all the crucial filters for SharePoint tenant to tenant migration. There are Item Copy Options, Date Filter, File Filter, etc. Use these filters and click Next.
- Set the permissions for data and map the users and role groups. Click Next.
- There is an exclusive option for scheduling the migration as a suitable period. But you can also choose to run the migration immediately. Click Next.
- There is a final summary of the whole data which you are migrating. Click Next.
- A message appears and mentions that the migration will start at the scheduled time. Click Finish.
- The migration begins (you can click the Stop-Process button and stop the migration).
- At last, you can get a whole migration report with the status of each migrated item. Click Finish.
The tenant-to-tenant SharePoint migration is best executed through the SharePoint Migration tool, as there are no viable manual alternatives. This tool streamlines the migration process, eliminating any potential hassles. Simply input your source and destination, and perform a seamless copy-and-paste operation from source to destination. The tool boasts a range of advanced features, making tenant-to-tenant SharePoint migration a straightforward and trouble-free experience. You maintain full control throughout the migration, and upon completion, receive a comprehensive migration report detailing all aspects. Consequently, it stands as the preferred choice for SharePoint tenant-to-tenant migration.