When we talk about managing documents on hundreds of computers scattered in different teams and department of an organization, it seems chaos. Sharepoint Online saves you from such chaos and brings efficiency and order in document management. It is a highly useful platform for such organizations which must deal with a large number of documents whether online or offline. You can easily upload documents in SharePoint and manage them in multiple lists and libraries. The process of transferring the files from your file system to SharePoint is quite easy –
- In the File Explorer, browse the file(s) you want to put on SharePoint.
- Open the SharePoint library in the web browser.
- Drag the data from its location in the file system to SharePoint library and drop there.
It seems the easiest method to migrate data. But when there is thousand number of files which are present in the multiple computers connected in a network, then you can easily imagine the hardships which you will have to face to migrate the files. There is no other manual method which can migrate many files; so you can take the assistance of a professional SharePoint migration tool, Kernel Migrator for SharePoint. It is the perfect bridge between your file system data and SharePoint. It has multiple services which you can use as per your need to migrate the data successfully.
Here is its complete procedure of migrating bulk files to SharePoint using Kernel Migrator for SharePoint:
- Run the Software and click "File System" menu and then select "Migrate using CSV" item.
- Click the Browse button to access the CSV file.
- Select the CSV file and click Open.
- As soon as you add the CSV file, all its items will be presented in a list. Here you can uncheck such things which are added mistakenly, and you now do not want to migrate them. Finally, click Next.
- Now select the destination SharePoint account by choosing the site URL, and then click the Browse button to choose the destination list, library, or folder.
- Expand the list or subsites to go to the folder.
- After selecting the folder, click OK.
- After completing the required information for the destination SharePoint, click Next.
- The migrator tool will try to map the attributes of the content automatically. If it is unable to map the attributes, then it will leave the fields blank. You can modify the already selected attributes. Click Next.
- Put the appropriate filters to pick the desired data only. Click Next.
- In the next wizard, select whether to migrate the permissions or not.
- Enter user credentials in the relevant columns for the displayed remote computer(s). The selected user should have enough rights on the content at the remote computer. You can provide the username in the format - Domain\Username.
- Choose among to option to either run the migration instantly or schedule to run it later.
- The tool will provide a summary of the selected items and its destination.
- The migration process begins.
- After a successful migration, the tool will provide a complete migration report presenting the status of each item. Click Finish to complete the process.
After using the Kernel Migrator for SharePoint, you can easily understand that the tool has no complex user-interface and handles files of any size or type. Apart from file system data, it can conduct SharePoint-to-SharePoint, Exchange Public folder to SharePoint, File System to Google Drive, and File System to One Drive migration. You can choose to run the migration at any time and see your data being migrated with full speed and accuracy.