A business organization comprises various departments, each housing multiple teams responsible for generating a substantial volume of physical documents. Managing this paperwork can prove to be quite a challenge for the manager. This is where SharePoint Online steps in to alleviate the burden swiftly and efficiently. SharePoint Online is an exceptionally valuable platform that transforms these documents into digital assets, empowering administrators to easily share, validate, and organize them more effectively. Additionally, it provides the convenience of uploading existing documents from your computer into various lists and libraries on SharePoint Online, facilitating a seamless transition from the file system to SharePoint. This process involves the following steps:
- In the File Explorer, browse the file(s) you want to put on SharePoint.
- Open the SharePoint library in the web browser.
- Drag the data from its location in the file system to SharePoint library and drop there.
Migrating data may appear straightforward initially, but the challenge becomes evident when dealing with a vast number of files scattered across numerous network-connected computers. The sheer volume of files can quickly escalate into a daunting task. In such circumstances, relying on manual methods proves impractical. To streamline the migration process and ensure a smooth transition, turning to a professional SharePoint migration tool is the prudent choice. This tool serves as a seamless bridge between your existing file system data and SharePoint, offering a versatile array of services tailored to your specific migration requirements, ensuring a successful and efficient data transfer.
Here is its complete procedure of migrating bulk files to SharePoint online using Kernel Migration for SharePoint:
- Run the Software and click "File System" menu and then select "Migrate using CSV" item.
- Click the Browse button to access the CSV file.
- Select the CSV file and click Open.
- As soon as you add the CSV file, all its items will be presented in a list. Here you can uncheck such things which are added mistakenly, and you now do not want to migrate them. Finally, click Next.
- Now select the destination SharePoint account by choosing the site URL, and then click the Browse button to choose the destination list, library, or folder.
- Expand the list or subsites to go to the folder.
- After selecting the folder, click OK.
- After completing the required information for the destination SharePoint, click Next.
- The migrator tool will try to map the attributes of the content automatically. If it is unable to map the attributes, then it will leave the fields blank. You can modify the already selected attributes. Click Next.
- Put the appropriate filters to pick the desired data only. Click Next.
- In the next wizard, select whether to migrate the permissions or not.
- Enter user credentials in the relevant columns for the displayed remote computer(s). The selected user should have enough rights on the content at the remote computer. You can provide the username in the format - Domain\Username.
- Choose among to option to either run the migration instantly or schedule to run it later.
- The tool will provide a summary of the selected items and its destination.
- The migration process begins.
- After a successful migration, the tool will provide a complete migration report presenting the status of each item. Click Finish to complete the process.
After using Kernel SharePoint Migrator, you can easily understand that the tool has no complex user-interface and handles files of any size or type. Apart from file system data, it can conduct SharePoint-to-SharePoint, Exchange Public folder to SharePoint, File Server to Google Drive, and File System to One Drive migration. You can choose to run the migration at any time and see your data being migrated with full speed and accuracy.