There are several professional Sharepoint Migration tools available to assist you in transferring SharePoint and OneDrive data to your local drives. When you can seamlessly download OneDrive data directly to your Windows system, it serves as a reliable backup solution. A prime example of such a tool is Kernel Migrator for SharePoint, designed to efficiently perform this task.
Let's delve into the comprehensive process of syncing OneDrive with both your personal or school account. Additionally, you have the option to sync OneDrive with your work account.
For different Windows Operating System versions, OneDrive (Personal) account is added differently.
- For Windows 8.1/RT 8.1, there is a built-in OneDrive application which you can view on your system’s File Explorer.
- For Windows 7 or older versions
- First, you need to download the desktop app for OneDrive.
- Click on the downloaded exe and install it on your system.
- Once it is installed, it will ask you to enter the account email address. Provide your Microsoft account credentials and click Next.
- Follow the steps as per the instructions, and your OneDrive is now visible on the file explorer.
We are going to explain here how to synchronize OneDrive to your personal account in Windows PC with complete steps. Take a look.
For Windows 8.1/RT 8.1
- On your PC, click on the Start option and then search for OneDrive. Click on the OneDrive icon. Note: Here, we are showing you the process for OneDrive (Personal).
- It will ask you to sign through a Microsoft account. For that, click on Go to the PC Settings option.
- Click on the Connect to a Microsoft account option.
- Choose the PC settings for synchronization of Microsoft account to the domain account and click Next.
- Add your Microsoft account login credentials and click on Next.
- It may ask to enter the recovery email ID for your account confirmation via code generation. Please add the complete recovery email address and click Next.
- A code will be sent to your entered email ID. Get that code, copy it, and paste here. Then click Next.
- Read the information and click Next to continue.
- Click Connect to connect your Microsoft account.
- The connection process will get started, and soon you can see your added Microsoft account in Accounts in PC Settings.
- Finally, move to the File Explorer of your system and click on the OneDrive icon. Now you can access all the data and content stored on the OneDrive Personal on your file system.
Hence, it is quite easy to connect Microsoft OneDrive to your PC if you try this above method.
OneDrive for Windows provides straightforward and efficient solutions for synchronizing your OneDrive data with both work and school accounts. Additionally, you can enjoy seamless synchronization between OneDrive and your personal account. For the hassle-free migration of large datasets, you can leverage the power of Kernel Migrator for SharePoint, which is at your disposal.