While migrating Office 365 mailboxes with manual methods, it becomes almost impossible to migrate particular data from one tenant to another. Besides, most users are not even able to skip already migrated items.
In such scenarios, it would be a great choice if you use an alternative tool that can help you apply specific filters to your Office 365 mailbox. Kernel Office 365 Migration is one such utility that allows you to apply selective email filters to your Office 365 mailboxes so that you can migrate data from one tenant to another as per your requirements.
Here, we will discuss how you can apply selective email filters to your mailboxes while migrating Office 365 data from one tenant to another with the Office 365 Migration tool.
Applying Email Filters to Office 365 Mailbox Migration
Kernel Office 365 Migration follows a simple process of migrating mailboxes. Even if you don’t have the technical knowledge, you can use it to migrate your mailboxes. Also, the advanced filtering options enable you to apply specific filters to your mailboxes so that you can migrate particular data. Let’s check out how this Office 365 Migration tool works:
First, you need to download and install the tool on your system. Once it is installed, follow the below steps:
- Launch the software and click the Add button in the Step 1 section.
- In the opened window, enter the IDs for Office 365 account. Now, select ‘List all Mailboxes using above credentials’ and click Get User Mailboxes. The multiple mailboxes will appear in the below section, choose specific mailboxes that you want to export, and click Add.
Note: You need global admin credentials to add multiple mailboxes
- Once the source mailboxes are added, add the destination mailboxes using the same procedure mentioned above.
- After adding both the mailboxes, map source mailboxes to the respective destination mailboxes, and then click Set Filter and Migrate.
Note: You can also use a CSV file to add both source and destination mailboxes
- In the next step, select the type of mailbox to which you want to migrate source mailboxes, and then click Migrate.
- Now comes the most crucial part of the process – applying selective filters to Office 365 mailboxes. Kernel Office 365 Migration allows you to use selective filters on Office mailboxes based on Item type, Date, Folder, Exclude deleted/empty folders, etc. It even allows you to skip already migrated data. So, apply the filers and click I am OK Start Migration.
- The migration process will start running. Once it is done, a new message will appear on your screen confirming the process completion, click OK to end the process.
Note: You can save this migration report to CSV by clicking Save Report to CSV.
And that’s how you can migrate selective data from Office 365 mailboxes with Kernel Office 365 Migration tool.
Migrating same data from Office 365 mailboxes again and again is very depressing, as you would have to remove the unnecessary data after migration. Thus, it is crucial to filter data as per your requirements before migration. But, doing so with manual method is not feasible. Therefore, you should choose a third-party tool like Kernel Office 365 Migration that allow you to apply specific filters to your mailboxes before migration.