Migrating specific data from one Office 365 tenant to another using manual methods can be an extremely challenging task. Additionally, many users struggle to avoid migrating items that have already been transferred, adding to the complexity of the process.
In such situations, it is highly advisable to consider utilizing an alternative tool that enables you to apply customized filters to your Office 365 mailboxes. Kernel Office 365 Migration is one such utility that offers the capability to apply selective email filters to your Office 365 mailboxes, facilitating the migration of data between tenants according to your specific needs and preferences.
Here, we will discuss how you can apply selective email filters to your mailboxes while migrating Office 365 data from one tenant to another with this tool.
Applying Email Filters to Office 365 Mailbox Migration
This tool employs a straightforward process for mailbox migration, making it accessible even for users without advanced technical knowledge. Furthermore, its advanced filtering options empower you to implement precise filters on your mailboxes, allowing you to migrate specific data as needed. Let's delve into the steps to understand how this tool operates:
To get started, begin by downloading and installing the tool on your system. After successful installation, proceed with the following steps:
- Launch the software and click the Add button in the Step 1 section.
- In the opened window, enter the IDs for Office 365 account. Now, select ‘List all Mailboxes using above credentials’ and click Get User Mailboxes. The multiple mailboxes will appear in the below section, choose specific mailboxes that you want to export, and click Add.
Note: You need global admin credentials to add multiple mailboxes
- Once the source mailboxes are added, add the destination mailboxes using the same procedure mentioned above.
- After adding both the mailboxes, map source mailboxes to the respective destination mailboxes, and then click Set Filter and Migrate.
Note: You can also use a CSV file to add both source and destination mailboxes
- In the next step, select the type of mailbox to which you want to migrate source mailboxes, and then click Migrate.
- Now comes the most crucial part of the process – applying selective filters to Office 365 mailboxes. The tool allows you to use selective filters on Office mailboxes based on Item type, Date, Folder, Exclude deleted/empty folders, etc. It even allows you to skip already migrated data. So, apply the filers and click I am OK Start Migration.
- The migration process will start running. Once it is done, a new message will appear on your screen confirming the process completion, click OK to end the process.
Note: You can save this migration report to CSV by clicking Save Report to CSV.
And that’s how you can migrate selective data from Office 365 mailboxes with the tool.
Repeating the migration of the same data from Office 365 mailboxes can indeed be frustrating, as it necessitates the removal of redundant data after each migration. Consequently, it becomes paramount to filter the data according to your requirements prior to migration. However, achieving this with manual methods is often impractical. Hence, opting for a third-party tool that grants you the ability to apply customized filters to your mailboxes before migration is the recommended approach.