Every individual wants to benefit from the new features of SharePoint, which is why they prefer to migrate their data to the latest version. You can manually migrate data from one SharePoint server to another. But when it comes to migrate SharePoint list from one site to another, there are not enough manual methods for it. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Export the list using Central Administrator or PowerShell.
- Creating a SharePoint Server farm to migrate databases
- Modifying the .CMP file (not recommended)
While these methods can be used to copy a SharePoint list to another site, they can be quite challenging to execute due to their inherent complexities. Furthermore, non-technical users may find it particularly daunting to perform these procedures. As a result, the question arises: how can one efficiently move a SharePoint list to another site? The answer is straightforward.
Kernel Migrator for SharePoint
It is a powerful SharePoint migration tool that is used to migrate SharePoint data from one server to another. It is empowered with great features making it one of the best migrating tools for SharePoint. Some of the features are:
- Fully capable to move SharePoint list to another site between different versions.
- Pre-migration analysis for an error-free migration
- Capable of migrating large files & folders
- Advanced data filters to migrate specific data
- Bulk migration with the help of CSV file
- Compatible with every version of SharePoint including SharePoint 2016
Now, you know what this software is capable of. Let’s have a look at its working process. Here, we are going to perform the migration of list and libraries from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Follow the below step to perform the migration.
- Download and install the tool on your system.
- On launching the tool, the welcome window will appear on the screen. Go to “Add New Source” in the toolbar, select SharePoint Server and add the credentials.
- After adding the source, go to “Migration to SharePoint” in the toolbar and select “SharePoint Server.
- The migration wizard will appear on the screen, click the “Add” button, select List/Libraries to migrate, and then click “Next”.
- The data retrieving process will start. Once done, the tool will display all the lists in SharePoint.
- Select the list/libraries to migrate the SharePoint list from the source SharePoint account. You can select multiple files by “Ctrl+Click.” After selecting the files, click “Finish.”.
- Once lists/libraries are added as the source file, click “Finish.” Now, you’ll see the options to migrate list and libraries. Select the desired option and click “Next.”
- In the following step, you'll choose the destination for migrating these lists. By default, the system will automatically select the SharePoint site as the destination. To opt for a different site, simply click the drop-down menu and make your selection. Further, click the "Browse" button to pinpoint the precise destination: whether it's a list, library, or folder within the chosen SharePoint site.
- The following dialog box will appear on the screen. Select the desired location and click “ OK” to confirm.
- Once the list/library is selected, you’ll get back to the migration wizard that displays the selected list/library. Now, click “Next” to move to the new step.
- Select the desired copy options for list/libraries. And click “Next.”
- Apply the filters that you want to use for the migration and click “Next.”
- Now, allow the permissions to migrate the lists/libraries.
- In the next step, select whether you want to execute the process immediately or schedule it.
- After executing the process, you’ll see the summary of the migration process. Now, click “Next” to start the migration process.
- The migration process will take some time to complete based on the size of lists. Once it is done, you’ll see the completion summary on the screen. Click “Finish” to close the wizard.
Using the migration tool, you can easily copy SharePoint list to another site. It can also migrate complete SharePoint data to full scale.
Sometimes, there arises a necessity to replicate a SharePoint list to another site, and safeguarding your SharePoint data during this migration process is of utmost importance. Therefore, relying on a manual approach may not be advisable, especially given the critical information these lists often contain. However, if you possess strong technical expertise, these manual methods may be viable options. For those less experienced, we highly recommend employing the SharePoint Migrator tool, ensuring both data security and reliability throughout the migration.