Exchange EDB files are precious as they contain all the useful information in their mailboxes and public folders. An Exchange Public Folder is an integrated service for Exchange users to share content and information on a common folder. And the folder permissions to users lie under the control of the administrator. A Public Folder is supported to Outlook on the Web for Exchange 2016 and later versions, Outlook versions with configured Exchange Server and Outlook for Mac 2016. Its architecture is based on mailbox infrastructure which includes folder hierarchy and data stored on a separate Exchange Server EDB file (pub1.edb).
When EDB files get corrupt due to virus attack, abrupt shutdown or server breakdown, this information within mailboxes and public folders become inaccessible. Though manual solutions (PowerShell and EAC) can recover Exchange mailboxes data but there is hardly any feasible method for the recovery of Exchange public folders.
In such case, we need a reliable software that provides smooth public folders data recovery. Kernel for Exchange Server EDB recovery tool helps in recovering public folders from the inaccessible or corrupt EDB file.
Read Also : Free Tips to Convert Exchange EDB to PST File
Before downloading the software, check the system requirements and that Outlook is configured with Exchange Server.
Steps to recover public folders from corrupt EDB file
- First step is to download and then install the software in your system.
- Start the software by double-clicking, the welcome screen gets open. Click on Offline EDB option.
- Select the source type as Offline EDB file and click Next.
- Now add the edb file for public folder by browsing in the system. Or you can search in the system drive as well with Search option. After adding the EDB file, click Next.
- Select one of the scanning options, then select the checkboxes (if needed) and click Next.
- A confirmation with successful addition of EDB file is displayed. Click on Finish to progress further.
- All the public folders in the added EDB field gets retrieved. Select the folder or mailbox you want to save and right click on it. Then choose the action you want to apply on these folders or mailboxes.
- Here, you can apply the desired filters (Date, Item type) and save the data to existing or new PST file providing the system location. Click Save.
- A message is displayed that your EDB public folder data is successfully exported to PST file. Finally, click OK.
So, you just learnt that how easy it is to export the public folders from corrupt EDB file with Kernel for Exchange Server.
To save public folders data from corrupted EDB file, Kernel for Exchange Server is the best option. It integrates simple user-interface and intelligent features for fine data recovery.