After mergers or acquisition, many Office 365 organizations want to have a single Office 365 environment for the entire organization. They need to migrate the entire the data like mailboxes, public folders, etc. from one tenant to another. There is no feasible manual solution to perform this task without any hardships. Users may have to face many issues if they choose native solutions.
Here, we recommend you a complete solution, Kernel Office 365 Migration, which migrates Office 365 user mailboxes, archived mailboxes, and public folders to another Office 365 tenant very easily. It facilitates more migrations listed below:
- Office 365/on-premises Exchange/hosted Exchange to Office 365 migration
- Office 365 to Office 365/on-premises Exchange/hosted Exchange migrations
Here, our focus is on the public folder data migration between two Office 365 tenants. Get Kernel Office 365 Migration tool on your system and perform these steps.
- Open the application. To add the source Office 365 account, go to Add Source section and click Add.
- Enter the Office 365 global administrator credentials, choose the Single mailbox option, Assign Impersonation Rights…, if you want to assign these rights to the user account. Then, click Add.
- Your source Office 365 account will get and added. Now add the destination Office 365 account by clicking on Add option.
- Just like the source, add the destination account credentials, select the option, and click Add.
- Now map the added source Office 365 mailbox to the destination Office 365 mailbox and click Set Filter and Migrate tab.
- On the Migrate Type Selection page, select public folder option against the source and destination mailboxes. Then click Migrate option.
- Add filters as per the requirement. You can include or exclude the folders, apply date range filter, and use other options for selective data migration. Once done, click I am OK, Start Migration.
- The migration of data between public folders will get started, and you can view the progress.
- The migration will take some time and gets completed with a pop-up message. You can save the migration report to CSV file if needed.
Therefore, migration between public folders of Office 365 account is quite easy with this advanced tool. You can try other migrations mentioned above as well with this tool.
Migration between two Office 36 tenants has become so much easy that we are migrating all the public folder data to another tenant using this tool.
When we were following the manual techniques using the shell scripts, there were many problems that we were facing constantly. But this tool has reduced those problems to none.