OneDrive for Business offers a great storage limit to the businesses at a cheaper rate where they can store innumerable files and share them with other users. But it is challenging to migrate a data that runs into multiple gigabytes and how the recipients support it. You should checkout the best OneDrive migration tools that can migrate between OneDrive to OneDrive and between personal to professional account in the cleanest manner.
Here, we show migrating OneDrive (Personal) data to OneDrive for Business, Google Drive and SharePoint Online using Sharepoint Migration tool.
It Involves Two Steps:
- Synchronize OneDrive (Personal) to your Windows PC
- Migrate OneDrive (Personal) to OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, & SharePoint Using KMS
Kernel Migrator for SharePoint tool is capable of performing fast and secure SharePoint Server, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, and File System migrations. The migration can be customized and can be performed for all versions of SharePoint Server. Here, our focus is on migrating OneDrive (Personal) to OneDrive for Business, Google Drive and SharePoint Online using it.
The prime requirement is to add or connect the OneDrive (Personal) to your PC. You can connect OneDrive (Personal) to your PC using the inbuilt OneDrive application or downloading the OneDrive desktop application. Once the OneDrive (Personal) is installed, you can sign in to it with a Microsoft account, and the OneDrive folder will display all its content in the File Explorer.
Migrate OneDrive to OneDrive for Business, Google Drive and SharePoint
Ensure that you have connected to OneDrive (Personal) from your PC. Also, make sure that you have the login credentials of OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, or SharePoint to where you want to migrate the data. Next, run the software on your system and perform the following steps.
- On the left panel of the Welcome Screen, find the OneDrive application folder. Note: The exact location of OneDrive application is within C Drive > Users > (Username) > OneDrive.
- Next, under the destination panel, choose the option as per your requirement.
- OneDrive for Business: Right-click on the OneDrive for Business option and choose Add OneDrive for Business.
- Google Drive for Business: For adding Google Drive as the destination, right-click on the Google Drive option and select Add Google Drive.
- SharePoint: Add SharePoint (On-premises or Online) as the destination by right-clicking on the SharePoint Server option and then choosing Add New SharePoint Site.
- Add destination details like Project Name, Site Address, User Name, Password, etc. Click OK. It will add the OneDrive for Business account as the destination.
- For adding Google Drive as a destination, you need the following details. It will redirect to the login page where you can add the Username and password to add the Google Drive account directly.
- Provide details like Site URL, Username, and Password to add your SharePoint Server as the destination.
- Go to the Source Panel and right-click on OneDrive (you can either choose the full folder or the sub-folders and right-click on them . Here, we are selecting the full folder). Right-click the OneDrive folder and then click Copy to > OneDrive For Business. Note: You can choose other options (SharePoint or Google Drive) as the destination at this step as per your requirement. The process is the same.
- Select the folder, choose data from Add option, provide Groups/User Permissions as per your choice. Click the Next option.
- On the next page, the tool will automatically fetch the added destination OneDrive For Business details from Step 3. You can choose to perform either Simple or Bulk Migration. After that, click Next to continue.
- Select the users in the destination to which you want to move the source data and click Next.
- Select your choice for Copy options, add Filters (Date Filter, File Filter, or User Filter) if needed. Click Next.
- Here you can set permissions for migration and remap users or groups. Click Next to continue.
- You can either execute immediately or schedule it on a particular day/time. After the selection, click Next.
- Check the details of the added Source and Destination. Click Next.
- The data migration from OneDrive (Personal) account to OneDrive for Business will get started. The migration is completed within a very short time and displays the migration status as well. Click Finish finally.
Hence, you have just experienced the simplest way to migrate data from OneDrive Personal to OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, and SharePoint Server destinations.
Kernel Migrator for SharePoint Working Video Tutorial