If you are planning to migrate the data from your Office 365 Shared Mailbox directly to an Office 365 Group, then do not waste time to find the native solution for it. There is hardly any native way for performing this migration. But with the automated Kernel Office 365 Migration software, this migration process can be easily performed.
Let us know how to perform the shared mailbox to Office 365 group migration through the below steps.
- Double-click on Kernel Office 365 Migration application and launch it. Click + Add to add the shared mailbox of the source Office 365 account.
- Provide the Office 365 login credentials, select the Single mailbox option and mark the checkbox and enter the user ID of the shared mailbox. Click Add to add that mailbox.
- Now that your shared mailbox is successfully added as the source, click +Add option on the rightmost side to add the destination Office 365 account.
- Enter the destination Office 365 account credentials and then select the Single mailbox option. Then, select the checkbox under it and provide the Office 365 group user ID. Click Add.
- Both the source and the destination mailboxes added. Now map the destination mailbox against the source mailbox and click Set Filter and Migrate.
- Click Migrate to continue.
- You can select the added mailbox folders for migration, apply date & item type filters, and select the other options to customize the migration. Select the checkbox saying Select if migrating to Office 365 Group and finally click I am OK, Start Migration.
< li>On this page, select the checkbox to migrate folders and click OK.
- The migration will get started, and the tool will display its progress.
- After a couple of minutes, the message showing that the migration is completed pops up. Click OK.
- To store this migration report in CSV format, click Save report to CSV option. The migration is completed.
Hence, this automated migration is completed without any worries about data loss. The advanced Kernel Office 365 Migration delivers all kinds of Office 365 and Exchange-related migrations apart from the Shared Mailbox to Office 365 Group.