In a recent inquiry, a user sought an efficient method for transferring contacts from Exchange mailboxes to Office 365 mailboxes. While manual approaches are an option, we caution against them due to their protracted nature, complexity, and susceptibility to human errors, which can result in data loss during the migration process. Instead, we recommend considering a dependable third-party software solution. Such software guarantees a seamless transition, ensuring that all data is transferred accurately and without any hiccups or shortcomings.
Migrating Contacts from Exchange Mailboxes to Office 365 Through Kernel Migrator for Exchange – Express Edition
- Make bulk migration of contacts from Exchange on-premises mailboxes to cloud destination an easy task by installing Kernel Migrator for Exchange – Express Edition software on your system. Let us know how easily it migrates contacts.
- On the next screen, provide the Exchange Server login credentials and details. After putting the login details like domain name, username, password, etc., select the List all mailboxes using above credentials option to add multiple mailboxes; click Get User Mailbox(es) option and then select the desired mailboxes from the list. Once selected, click on Add to add them. Note: You can also assign impersonation rights to the user mailboxes by selecting the checkbox against this option.
Note: Here, for giving an example, we have selected only 2 Exchange mailboxes. You can select any number of Exchange mailboxes for migrating contacts.
- The selected Exchange mailboxes get added. Click Add under Step 2: Add Destination section to add Office 365 account as the destination.
- Add the Office 365 account details, select List all Mailboxes using above credentials option and click on Get User Mailbox(es) option. Select the mailboxes to which you want to migrate the contacts. Click Add.
- Map the added source Exchange mailboxes to the target Office 365 mailboxes as per the requirement. Then click Set Filter and Migrate option.
- Click Migrate option to continue.
- On this screen, apply filters like folder selection, data range, etc. Under Item Type Filter, select Contacts to move only the contacts from the added Exchange mailboxes. You can also try other options to make the migration easy with options like Exclude empty folders to exclude the folders with 0 items. Apply other filter options as per your need and then click I am OK, Start Migration.
- The migration of contacts from Exchange mailboxes to Office 365 gets started. You can see the live progress of the migration.
- In some time, the migration gets completed. You can save the migration process details in report in CSV format.
- Therefore, the migration of contacts has been successfully completed without any complications and extra efforts.
Some other advantages of the Kernel Migrator for Exchange - Express Edition is listed below:
- Performs migrations between Office 365/Exchange & Exchange/Office 365.
- Migrates entire data from Mailboxes, Archive mailboxes, Public Folders and Groups
- Performs automatic migration using CSV file
- Extensive support to all Exchange Servers versions and Office 365 plans
- Allows manual mapping between source and destination mailboxes
- Trial version is available free for users to understand the software features
So, try the professional Kernel Migrator for Exchange – Express Edition rather than the complex manual methods to migrate Exchange contacts to Office seems a wise decision.
Users often find themselves in need of migrating contacts from on-premises mailboxes to Hosted Exchange mailboxes. However, executing this process manually can prove to be quite intricate, and even minor errors can lead to migration failures. To ensure a seamless and secure transition, it is highly recommended to employ a trusted and advanced solution such as Kernel Migrator for Exchange – Express Edition for performing the On-premises Exchange to Hosted Exchange migration.