The Exchange Server platform has long served as the cornerstone of the IT industry, providing essential functions for data storage, exchange, and management. However, with the emergence of the Microsoft 365 cloud platform, offering a broader spectrum of services and capabilities, the landscape has become more competitive. As a result, numerous Exchange administrators are contemplating migration to Microsoft 365 for several compelling reasons.
- Anywhere accessibility with cloud
- No installation and maintenance charges
- Less expensive than overall costs of Exchange Server
- Low chances of data corruption stored online
- Advanced enterprise-grade security options
- Collaboration with advanced communication channels – Skype for Business, Teams
- Integrated Microsoft Office suite applications
- Web-based email client – Outlook on the Web and collaboration tools – SharePoint Online, OneDrive, and more
In light of business compliance obligations and various operational needs, certain organizations prioritize the synchronization of their data management platforms, enabling them to efficiently operate both platforms simultaneously. To achieve this goal, these organizations diligently seek appropriate solutions.
Are you aware of the powerful capabilities offered by the advanced Kernel Migrator for Exchange tool? This tool not only simplifies mailbox synchronization between Exchange and Office 365 post-migration but also grants you the flexibility to choose the synchronization direction. With seamless synchronization in place, you can ensure that emails reaching either end after migration are promptly delivered to their intended destination, whether it's the source or the destination mailbox.
The tool offers three types of synchronizations:
- Source to Target
- Target to Source
- Both ways
We are going to discuss here how Exchange Migration tool offers to configure the synchronization of mailbox data.
Read Also: Migrate Exchange 2010 to 2019
Migrating Exchange Mailboxes to Office 365 Ensuring Synchronization of Data
To successfully proceed with the installation, ensure that your system meets the specified requirements as detailed on the website. You should either have the trial version or the full version of Kernel Migrator for Exchange ready for installation. Follow the provided steps below:
- Open the Kernel Migrator for Exchange application. On the opened Welcome screen, click Add project to add a name for the migration project. Add any name and click OK.
- Select the Add Job for Mailbox option to migrate Exchange mailboxes.
- Provide a name for the migration job under the project and click Next.
- Now enter your Exchange Server details like credentials and select the options if required. Click Next.
- Choose the mailboxes from the list of source Exchange mailboxes and click Next.
- Enter the destination Office 365 credentials and provide other details. Then click Next.
- Add the desired filters to move only required data to the and click Next.
- Map the source mailboxes to target mailboxes and click Next.
- Here is the option where you can manage items and perform synchronization between mailboxes. You have three options to synchronize source mailboxes with the target mailboxes–
Source to Target – To synchronize mailboxes in the source Exchange with those in the target Office 365 (Every new email in the source mailbox is delivered to the target mailbox)
Target to Source – To synchronize mailboxes in the target Office 365 with those in the source Exchange mailboxes (Every new email in the target mailbox is delivered to the source mailbox)
Both ways – To synchronize mailboxes in the source Exchange with the target Office 365 mailboxes and vice versa (Every new email in both the source and target mailboxes will be delivered to each other)
Choose your desired option for synchronizing the mailboxes and then click Next.
- Also, there are options like Notification Settings, Set migration period and time, Report console settings, etc. After that, you will receive the summary, confirm it and then click Finish to start the migration.
When the mailbox migration is complete, you will get the status as Completed against each selected mailbox for migration.
Kernel Migrator for Exchange empowers you to seamlessly migrate hosted Exchange to Office 365, transition between different Exchange versions, switch between Office 365 plans, and perform Office to Exchange migrations, among other capabilities. Moreover, it offers the flexibility to synchronize mailboxes between Exchange and Office 365, allowing you to choose from one-way synchronization - either from Source to Target, Target to Source, or bidirectional synchronization to suit your specific needs.