Kernel Migrator for Exchange is beneficial to Exchange administrators when they decide to upgrade the Exchange version or wants to move to Office 365. If you had downloaded the trial version of Exchange Migration tool and used it, then you must be aware of its features and working. But to perform a complete migration, you need to activate the trial version to a full version.
Here is the full step-by-step procedure which you need to follow for the activation of Kernel Migrator for Exchange trial version -
- After starting the software, click the Generate License option at the toolbar.
- The Credential Validation page requires you to input the Exchange Server or Office 365 details for which you want to conduct the migration.
- Job For: Select among Exchange Server, Hosted Exchange, or Office 365.
- Job Type: Select either Mailbox or Public Folder.
- Domain Controller Name/IP: Input the full name of Exchange Server or its IP address.
- Input the username of the account.
- Input the password for the user account.
- Click Next.
- Select the Mailboxes/Public Folders to generate a license. Click Generate button.
- Select or deselect the mailbox(es). Click OK.
- Confirm the number of the mailbox(es) and click Yes.
- The tool saves the license request file in a text format. Click OK.
- Now, contact our Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the type of license you need. They will provide you the login credentials to access our online portal.
- Access https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/migrator-for-exchange/ in a Web browser and input the login credentials which you get from the support team.
- The home page of an online portal appears on the screen. Go to the Add New License tab and click the ‘Choose file’ button to select the license request file.
- After selecting the license request file from its saving location, click the Submit button.
- All the mailboxes will get enlisted, and you can use the checkbox to further select/deselect the mailbox(es). Then click the Submit button.
- A license file is being created. Please wait for a while.
- Click the Download License button. The license file will get downloaded at the Downloads folder.
- Now go back to the software and click Activate License option on the toolbar.
- Click the Browse button and select the license file from its location. After checking the list of mailboxes(es), click OK.
- A message will appear that ‘License Activated successfully.’ Click OK.
Now you can use the Kernel Migrator for Exchange to migrate the mailboxes specified in the license file.