Kernel for Exchange Server is a secure and reliable option to retrieve corrupt Exchange database files and save them at a suitable destination. It does not require the transaction logs to recover the data, but it recovers whole data using the database file (EDB) only. There is a free version of the software which you can download from the website and later activate it. You can save only up to 25 items per folder. To save the entire data, you need to activate the trial version to a full version.
Download Kernel for Exchange Server
Visit the URL - https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/Exchange-Server-Data-Recovery.html
Click the ‘Download Free’ icon, and an executable file will be downloaded.
Install Kernel for Exchange Server.
The setup file (executable file) of Kernel for Exchange Server is present at the Downloads Folder. Here is how you can install the software -
- Double-click the executable file. It will open the setup wizard of the software. Click Next.
- Read the License Agreement and click ‘I accept the agreement’ option and click Next.
- The software will install at the following folder -
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kernel for Exchange Server - Evaluation Version
You can click the Browse button and install the software at a different folder. Then click Next.
- Click the Install button.
- The software will be installed and opened instantly.
Limitations of the Trial Version
When you perform recovery or migration using the trial version, you will get the message that ‘the trial version allows to copy and export maximum 25 items per folder’ in the end. To get rid of the limitation, you need to buy the license of the software.
Activate the Kernel for Exchange Server
- To activate the Kernel for Exchange Server, you need to buy its license. To buy it, go to Help and click Buy Online.
- The Buy Online link open the following URL - https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/buy-exchange-server-recovery.php
Here, you can buy either a Corporate License or Technical License. After making the purchase, you will get an email with the URL to download the full version of Kernel for Exchange Server, along with the credentials. After downloading the setup from URL, when you execute the file, then it will be installed. Before starting to work, it will open a Registration wizard which will ask you to input the credentials you got in the mail.
Update Kernel for Exchange Server
To update Kernel for Exchange Server, you need to uninstall the current version which you are using and download the latest version using the same download link (which you got by email while purchasing the license).