How to extract attachments from specific exchange mailbox?
Here, we are going to have a discussion (with steps) over how to use this Extract attachments feature to save the attachments from the selected mailbox.
What are the pre-requisites?
- The MS Outlook in your system must be configured with the Exchange account.
- The Use Cached Exchange Mode must be disabled in your MS Outlook.
Steps to extract attachments from selected EDB mailbox
Let us have the understanding of how to use the Extract attachments feature in the software to extract the required EDB mailbox’s attachments. The steps are illustrated below:
- Download Kernel for Exchange Server recovery tool from the website and install it in your system.
- Launch the software and on the welcome screen, select the option Offline EDB file.
- Again, in the select source section, select the Offline EDB option and click on Next.
- In the next section, click dots (Browse) option and add the corrupt EDB file from the system.
Note: If the exact location is not known, you can use the Search option to find the file in the specified drive.
- Now, choose any of the scanning options as per your need to scan your added EDB file. Select the checkboxes if required and then click Next.
- A message or notification appears saying that EDB file is successfully added. Click Finish to continue.
- The selected EDB file is recovered and its mailboxes are retrieved. Click on the desired user mailbox and right-click on it. Select the option Extract Attachments from the list.
- A new dialogue box will get opened. Here you can select the folders from the mailbox for export. Set filters like Date range and Item type. Then provide the destination location to save the PST file. You can select the checkbox Do not create folder hierarchy, if you need. Then, finally click Extract option.
- All the desired attachments from the mailbox are successfully extracted to the PST file at the defined location.
Therefore, as you have read, it is quite easy to extract the required attachments from corrupt EDB mailboxes using Kernel for Exchange Server tool.
Though extracting data from corrupt EDB files is possible by manual EDB to PST conversion method but the process is tough and does not ensure proper recovery of attachments from the emails. On the second hand, Kernel for Exchange Server tool ensures flawless extraction of attachments from Exchange EDB files with applied filter options.