An app password allows a device or app to access your Office 365 account securely. In case, the multi-factor authentication is enabled for your user account, and then you can use an app password to login to any external application like the Kernel tool. The app password is a unique code that works for the application. Here is the procedure which you need to follow in order to create the App Password in the Office 365 Admin Center.
- Sign-in into your user account and go to Admin Center by clicking the Admin icon in the Apps launcher.
- Go to your account and select ‘My Account.’
- Select ‘Security & privacy.’
- Click ‘Additional security verification.’ NOTE: You’ll see this option only when your admin has set up multi-factor authentication for your account.
- Click Create and manage app password.
- Click Create.
- Enter any name and click on the next button. Now, an app password is created successfully. You can choose to ‘copy password to clipboard.’
- Now go to the Kernel application and use the app password to login to your Office account.