An app password allows a device or app to access your Office 365 account securely. In case, the multi-factor authentication is enabled for your user account, and then you can use an app password to login to any external application like the Kernel Office 365 Migration tool. The app password is a unique code that works for the application. So before using Office 365 Migration tool, you can create an app password and make sure that the migration is secure.
Note: Kernel Office 365 Migration is a secure tool to perform Office 365 migrations in any type of Exchange environment. It migrates mailboxes, public folders, and archive mailboxes from or to Office 365 with complete data integrity.
Here is the procedure which you need to follow in order to create the App Password in the Office 365 Admin Center.
- Sign-in into your user account and go to Admin Center by clicking the Admin icon in the Apps launcher.
- Go to your account and select ‘My Account.’
- Select ‘Security & privacy.’
- Click ‘Additional security verification.’ NOTE: You’ll see this option only when your admin has set up multi-factor authentication for your account.
- Click Create and manage app password.
- Click Create.
- Enter any name and click on the next button. Now, an app password is created successfully. You can choose to ‘copy password to clipboard.’
- Now go to the Kernel application and use the app password to login to your Office account.