MS Outlook is one of the most widely used communication managers for personal and corporate uses because of its rich functionalities for scheduling and coordination. It uses PST format to store all the essential emails and other data of its users.
While Gmail is very well-known to us, it can well be assumed that if not all, most people have a Gmail account since it’s a free email service provided by Google. Two of the most important email clients today are Outlook and Gmail. While the 2 platforms vary with each other, there are situations where users have to import their PST files to Gmail. This might sound complicated but it's quite the opposite.
Download Kernel Import PST to Gmail, an automated tool to import PST files to Gmail and other IMAP accounts like AOL, Thunderbird, Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com, etc. without any error.
Reasons for the import.
But why Import PST to Gmail? Well, Converting PST files to Gmail, has its own perks. The benefits of this conversion are being enumerated in the following points:
- Google provides a generous amount of free storage which can be expanded. On the other hand, PST also tend to have a large size but those are prone to corruption.
- With just one Gmail account, one can sign-in to plenty of applications with just a click.
- The system includes a chat messenger with stickers.
- The interface and folder structure are much simpler and more intuitive, which makes it ideal for all the users.
- The data is synced instantly across all devices and OS, including Windows and Mac.
- One can easily download contacts and set regular archiving.
- The recovery procedure is quick by using the phone number or choosing another simple method.
- Gmail is also a highly secure platform.
Having described in detail the reasons for importing PST to Gmail, it is time we see how the upload PST to Gmail conversion process works.
How to import PST to Gmail?
PST files can be imported into Gmail without any complications using these 2 methods-
- Manual Method to Import PST to Gmail
- Using Google Workspace Migration for Outlook
- Using Kernel Import PST to Gmail
Manual Method to Import PST to Gmail
Manually, this may be done in two steps if you haven’t configured your Outlook yet.
Step 1: Modify your Gmail settings
- Log-in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the gear on the top-right.
- Click Settings.
- Under Settings, click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the IMAP Access section, Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
- Open URL – www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps. Select Turn On option for less secure apps.
Step 2: Configuring Gmail in Outlook
Having done that, it is now time we tell you how to configure your Gmail with Outlook. If you have Office 365, launch your Outlook and do the following:
- Go to File >> Click on Add Account.
- Enter your Email ID and click Connect.
- Enter the password and click Connect again.
Outlook will notify you about the successful configuration of your Gmail account. Click Done to finish the process.
And you’ve managed to configure your email account.
Although the manual method has its own perks, these methods might at times be unresponsive or might not produce the desired effects. It is a cumbersome process involving time and attention. It might seem a tad bit complicated to some users who aren’t that much familiar with the Outlook application. This necessitates the usage of a tool or a software to help in moving PST files to Gmail mechanically. To help in this, the Import PST to Gmail tool by Kernel does come in handy. It’s easily available and easy to use. Plus, it has several other additional benefits.
Using Google Workspace Migration for Outlook
To import Outlook PST to Gmail via Google Workspace Migration for Outlook, follow these steps:
- Download & install Google Workspace Migration tool verifying the version of Outlook used to save the PST archive - 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Access the application & enter the email address of the Google account where you want to import the PST archive.
- A new browser window opens with a login screen for "Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook" already displaying the chosen account.
- Click on "Allow" to grant Microsoft Outlook the necessary permissions.
- In the import wizard select "From PST File(s)..." & choose the desired PST folder using the following window. Press "Next."
- Choose "Migrate" after selecting the desired files.
- Once the migration is complete, check your Gmail account on your browser or Gmail app. If the PST folder selected earlier is present, the Gmail import from PST was successful.
Using Kernel Import PST to Gmail
The Kernel Import PST to Gmail is a utility designed carefully to import all the data of a PST file to a Gmail account while maintaining the accuracy of data and its original hierarchy. Using a professional software always has its perks, some of them are-
- Imports healthy PST/OST files to Gmail in simple steps.
- Imports large sized PST files at one go.
- Capable to recover and then import deleted PST emails to Gmail without errors.
- Imports selective PST files emails using intelligent filters and options
- Saves PST emails to other webmails like IMAP enabled Servers like Outlook.com, Yahoo, AOL, etc.
Following are the steps to import PST emails to Gmail using Kernel Import PST to Gmail.
Step 1: Open Kernel Import PST to Gmail. Under the Add Source section, click Add to add the PST file for import.
Step 2: Browse the PST file from the system drive and click Open to add it.
Note: You can add as many PST files as you want for import.
Step 3: Click Add under Add Destination section to add the Gmail account as a destination.
Step 4: Provide your Gmail account Server name (imap.gmail.com), username, password, etc. Click Add to add it. The port number is automatically selected.
Note: If you are unable to login to Gmail with your password, then you need to enable 2-step verification and create an App password for this Gmail ID from the Google account for logging in to the software.
Step 5: Now, map the added Gmail account against the source PST file. Click the Set Filter and Migrate option to continue.
Step 6: Apply desired filters to save specific data from your PST. Then, click on I am OK, Start Migration option.
Step 7: The import process will get started. You can view the live progress of the PST data migration to your Gmail account. Wait until it gets completed.
Step 8: The import Outlook PST to Gmail process will get completed and displays a completion message. Click OK. You can save this import report to the CSV file using the given option.
Importing your Outlook PST files to Gmail will help in many ways. There are fewer chances of problems in Gmail. Although manual methods to import PST to Gmail are easy, there might always be a chance of glitches. It is, therefore, best for you to use a more automated approach that Kernel has been providing via Import PST to Gmail tool. The best part is that the tool also allows importing PST files to many other IMAP mail server platforms.