Kernel MS Teams Migration Tool completes the migration process by showing a report window that you can save in CSV format. It lets you check the status of each migrated item in a team. Our tool moves a complete team to another team with its chats, channel, conversations, files, and other shareable information. And the migration report shows what is migrated from the source to its destination team. Let's go through the entire Teams migration process quickly and discuss the migration report in detail later.
- Open the software and go to the Source pane. Choose Microsoft Teams, right-click and click Add Teams.
- Input a project name and connect with the account using either Basic Authentication or Modern Authentication. Then, click Register and Connect.
- There is an additional Login wizard where you must choose between the Modern Authentication or Basic Authentication. Choose anyone and click OK.
- If you choose Modern Authentication, then you require to register the application at Microsoft Azure Active Directory for accessing all MS Teams. Copy the Application (Client) ID and follow the remaining steps to register the app. Click OK.
- When you click OK, then the tool will ask if you have completed the Role assignment process. Click Yes, if you have registered the app in Azure directory.
- The Project has been connected.
- Now, go to the Destination pane and choose the option to Add Teams after right-clicking.
- By using the same login method as above, you can connect with the destination team account.
- When both projects are connected, you must choose a Team from the Source pane; then right-click and choose Copy.
- Go to the Destination pane, choose a team, right-click and select Paste.
- The migration wizard will show various options where you can map Teams effectively and apply filters (chats, channels, conversations). Later, click Start Migration.
- The migration depends on the number of selected teams and the data inside. Wait till the migration is completed and shows the 'migration completed successfully' message. Click OK.
- The Migration Summary is a report that shows the correct status of moved items; there are several parameters to read and check. You can save the report as a CSV file too.
- Open CSV file in MS Excel, and there are necessary details of the report with minute details.
Source Teams(s) – The column presents the name of the source teams that the user has migrated to the new destination.
Destination Teams(s) – it may be a new or existing team in which the data is moved. When the team does not exist in the destination account, the software creates it.
Type – The type of data moved.
Path – The path of shared files and folders in the chat conversations or sent separately.
Status – The status may be success or failure based on the result of the migration.
There is no manual method or technique that will move multiple teams data to another team. When there is a different domain account, it becomes more challenging to migrate the data. You must use Kernel Teams Migration Tool and conduct the effective migration for your professional chats and shared files/folders.