Every individual wants to take benefit from the new features of SharePoint, and that’s why they prefer to migrate their data to the newest version. You can use manual methods to migrate data from one SharePoint server to another. But, when it comes to migrating list/libraries, there are not enough manual methods for it. Some of the manual methods are mentioned below:
- Export the list using Central Administrator or PowerShell.
- Creating a SharePoint Server farm to migrate databases
- Modifying the .CMP file (not recommended)
Though these methods can help you in the migration, they are very complicated and doesn’t offer reliability. Also, it’ll be challenging to perform these methods for a non-technical user. So, how you can migrate list/libraries from SharePoint Server.
Kernel SharePoint Migrator
Kernel SharePoint migrator is a powerful SharePoint migration tool that is used to migrate SharePoint data from one server to another. It is empowered with great features which make it one of the best migrating tools for SharePoint. Some of the features are:
- Fully migrate list/libraries between two SharePoint versions
- Pre-migration analysis for an error-free migration
- Capable of migrating large files & folders
- Advanced data filters to migrate specific data
- Bulk migration with the help of CSV file
- Compatible with every version of SharePoint including SharePoint 2016
Now, you know what this software is capable of. Let’s have a look at its working process. Here, we are going to perform the migration of list and libraries from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Follow the below step to perform the migration.
- Download and install Kernel SharePoint Migrator on your system.
- On launching the tool, the welcome window will appear on the screen. Go to “Add New Source” in the toolbar, select SharePoint Server and add the credentials.
- After adding the source, go to “Migration to SharePoint” in the toolbar and select “SharePoint Server.
- The migration wizard will appear on the screen, click the “Add” button and select List/Libraries to migrate, and then click “Next”.
- The data retrieving process will start. Once it is done, the tool will display all the lists included in the SharePoint.
- Now, select the List/Libraries that you want to migrate. You can select multiple files by “Ctrl+Click.” After selecting the files, click “Finish.” .
- Once lists/libraries are added as the source file, click “Finish.” Now, you’ll see the options to migrate list and libraries. Select the desired option and click “Next.”
- In the next step, select the destination where you want to migrate these lists. The default SharePoint site will be automatically selected, to add another site click the drop-down menu and select the site. Click the “Browse” button to select a destination list, library, or folder in the selected SharePoint site.
- The following dialog box will appear on the screen. Select the desired location and click “
OK” to confirm.
- Once the list/library is selected, you’ll get back to the migration wizard that displays the selected list/library. Now, click “Next” to move to the new step.
- Select the desired copy options for list/libraries. And click “Next.”
- Apply the filters that you want to use for the migration and click “Next.”
- Now, allow the permissions to migrate the lists/libraries.
- In the next step, select whether you want to execute the process immediately or schedule
- After executing the process, you’ll see the summary of the migration process. Now, click “Next” to start the migration process.
- The migration process will take some time to complete based on the size of lists. Once it is done, you’ll see the completion summary on the screen. Click “Finish” to close the wizard.
This way you can easily migrate lists/libraries from SharePoint Server using Kernel SharePoint Migrator.
You surely don’t want to risk your SharePoint data during the migration process. So, using manual methods is not safe for you. However, if you have good technical knowledge, then you can use these methods. Otherwise, we would suggest you to use Kernel SharePoint Migrator for data security and reliability.