We are introducing the best migrator tool for performing OneDrive for Business to OneDrive for Business migration. Kernel Migrator for SharePoint tool is responsible for performing SharePoint Server migrations, and also many other migrations involving OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, and File System. The migration can be customized as per need, and also can be done with all the versions of SharePoint.
This page is for users planning migration from OneDrive for Business migration to OneDrive for Business. And this migration is accomplished in two steps:
- Synchronize OneDrive for Business to your Windows PC
- Migrate OneDrive for Business to OneDrive for Business
Migrate OneDrive for Business to OneDrive for Business
It is necessary to add or connect the OneDrive for Business to the file system. You can connect OneDrive for Business account to your PC using the inbuilt OneDrive application or the downloaded the OneDrive for Business desktop application. The installed OneDrive for Business folder is available at C:\Users\username
Migrate OneDrive for Business to OneDrive for Business via SharePoint Migration tool If you have connected or synchronized your OneDrive for Business account to your PC, follow these steps:
- Run the Kernel Migrator for SharePoint tool.
- On Welcome Screen, go to the Windows File System section in the Source panel, then click on C drive.
- Follow the path - C:\Users\username.
- Under your username, you will find the synchronized OneDrive for Business folder. Click on that folder to view its data on the right panel.
- Next, in the Destination panel, right-click on OneDrive for Business option and choose the Add OneDrive for Business option.
- Add the details for the destination site like Project name, Site Address, UserName, Password, etc. Click OK. It will add the OneDrive for Business account as the destination.
- Now, go to the Source panel and right-click on the OneDrive folder under Windows File System (in C:\Users\username) and then follow Copy to > OneDrive For Business. Note: You can either choose the full folder or the sub-folders and right-click on them. Here, we are selecting the full folder.
- Select the folder, add more data (files and folders) using the Add option, and allow Groups/User Permissions as per your choice. Click Next.
- On the next page, the tool will automatically fetch the added destination OneDrive For Business account details (from the information you provided in Step 6). You can choose to perform either Simple Migration or Bulk Migration. After that, click Next to continue.
- Select the users in the destination to which you want to move the source data and click Next.
- Select from the required Copy options, add the required filters (Date Filter, File Filter, or User Filter). Click Next.
- Here you can set permissions for migration and remap users or groups. Click Next to continue.
- Choose Execute Immediately option to run it at once. Otherwise, schedule it at any required day/time. Then, click Next.
- Go through the summary details of the migration. Click Next.
- The migration process will get started and completes instantly and provides a migration summary. Click Finish.
Hence, the migration from OneDrive for Business to OneDrive for Business is successfully performed.