Many organizations prefer Office 365 cloud over an on-premises Exchange Server environment to manage their user mailboxes and public folders. The reasons are universal accessibility, zero deployment costs, and the advanced features of the environment. However, the migration of data from the on-premises environment to cloud Office 365 is a difficult task.
To migrate public folders, it is better to perform the migration with an automated solution than trying a manual method. It would save time and effort and maintain quality at the end of migration.
Kernel Migrator for Exchange tool is all designed for performing Exchange and Office 365 migrations with complete integrity and efficiency. Let us know how it migrates Exchange public folders to Office 365 easily.
- Launch the Kernel Migrator for Exchange tool and on the welcome screen, click Add Project.
- Provide a name for the migration project and click OK.
- Now, click on Add Job for Public Folders icon, provide a job name, and click Next.
- Enter Exchange Server account credentials and other details and then click OK.
- Select the public folders for migration and click Next.
- Provide the Office 365 account login credentials and click Next.
- Add filters like Message classes, date range, etc. Click Next.
- Map the source and target public folders. After that, click Next.
- Next, users can utilize the advanced options like managing bad items, public folders synchronization, Allow/Deny migration at specific days, times, notification settings, report console settings, etc. All these are optional choices for users.
- After going through these steps, finally, you will get a migration summary. Confirm the details and click Finish to start the public folders migration process.
- The migration from Exchange public folders to Office 365 will get started.
That is how you can move public folder data from Exchange Server to Office 365 efficiently and safely.
Live Exchange to Office 365 migration involves migration of public folders as well. So, opting a professional and reliable tool like Kernel Migrator for Exchange for the migration of Exchange public folders to Office 365 is advisable to carry out a safe migration.