Office 365 has revolutionized the business process with its universal accessibility and agility. It provides a robust email server with all the features to manage user mailboxes and public folders. The benefits of Office 365 include zero deployment costs and a centralized admin center to manage all the functionality.
Though it has some features for mailbox and public folder migration, the manual process to migrate the data from the on-premises environment to Office 365 is a time-taking and difficult.
The manual procedure does not provide any easy feature for the migration of public folder data. It is better to perform the migration with an automated solution than going for the manual procedure. The automated solution brings ease to the migration and maintains the quality of the public folder data at the end of the migration.
Kernel Migrator for Exchange tool is all designed for performing Exchange and Office 365 migrations with complete integrity and efficiency. Let us know how it migrates Exchange public folders to Office 365 easily.
- Launch the Kernel Migrator for Exchange tool and on the welcome screen, click Add Project.
- Provide a name for the migration project and click OK.
- Now, click on Add Job for Public Folders icon, provide a job name, and click Next.
- Enter Exchange Server account credentials and other details and then click OK.
- Select the public folders for migration and click Next.
- Provide the Office 365 account login credentials and click Next.
- Add filters like Message classes, date range, etc. Click Next.
- Map the source and target public folders. After that, click Next.
- Next, users can utilize the advanced options like managing bad items, public folders synchronization, Allow/Deny migration at specific days, times, notification settings, report console settings, etc. All these are optional choices for users.
- After going through these steps, finally, you will get a migration summary. Confirm the details and click Finish to start the public folders migration process.
- The migration from Exchange public folders to Office 365 will get started.
That is how you can move public folder data from Exchange Server to Office 365 efficiently and safely.
Live Exchange to Office 365 migration involves migration of public folders as well. So, opting a professional and reliable tool like Kernel Migrator for Exchange for the migration of Exchange public folders to Office 365 is advisable to carry out a safe migration.