Office 365 data backups become necessary to meet compliance mandates and also to avoid the risk of keeping the entire data on the cloud. However, Office 365 administrators and users need a quick, safe and error-free method for the backup of mailboxes. So, opting for a reliable backup software would be an excellent decision. The tool has the option for Office 365 Groups backup to PST.
Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore software performs dual functions on a single console, i.e., backing Office 365 data including groups, shared mailboxes, archive mailboxes, etc. to PST format and also restoring Outlook PST data to Office 365. The tool works with any Outlook version or Office 365 plan.
Here, we are going to understand the complete process of Office 365 Groups backup to PST file with this software. Perform the given steps for this.
- Launch the Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore software and on the welcome screen, click the Backup option.
- Click + Add option to add the Office 365 account.
- Then provide the Office account credentials, click on Single Mailbox/Office 365 Group option. Select the checkbox and enter the group email ID which you want to backup. Then, click Add.
- Your Office 365 Group User ID is added now. Click Set Filter and Migrate.
- Select the Mailbox option from the drop-down and click Migrate.
- In the Filter Selection page, select the mailbox folders for migration. Apply filter options like Date filter and Item type (optional). You can select the folder exclusion options, save in hierarchy option or skip already migrated items option. After your selections are completed, click I am OK, Start Migration.
- Provide the saving path location for the source Office 365 group and click OK.
- The backup process will start and get completed within a very short time. A message will be displayed that the process is completed, click OK.
- Click Save report to CSV to save the backup process report into CSV file.
So, doing Office 365 Groups backup to PST is simple and efficient through Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore software.