Read time 6 min
If you are using G Suite, then you can make use of all its enterprise-level features. Your emails will have a more professional appeal, and there will be unlimited storage for your data on the cloud. You can collaborate with your team members in a better way, and the data security feature of G Suite will make sure that there is no unauthorized access to your account.
But some users will want to have the same G Suite account on their Microsoft Outlook application. The outlook is a useful email client that ensures robust email communication. Moreover, the Outlook account will remain in operation even when the Internet connection is down, which is not possible with the G Suite.
To solve your need, there is a freeware tool from Google known as G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook. It is free to use and supports all the functional versions of Outlook. Let us check more about the software and how does it work.
Operating System Support
- Windows 10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista SP1 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
Microsoft Outlook Support
- Microsoft Outlook 2019 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 (SP1)
- Microsoft Outlook 2003 (SP3)
When the user has local Administrator credentials, then it is easy to download and install the software. Visit the URL and download the tool for the user.
- Click the Download GSSMO option.
- An installer file will be downloaded, which will further download the complete software. After opening the software, you will have to enter the Google Account credentials.
- Input the username of the G Suite account and click continue.
- After inputting the password, the tool will show the associated account name and will ask you to confirm your selection. Choose the account.
- The tool will show you the various activities of the tool. The tool will:
- Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail.
- Manage mailbox labels.
- Insert mail into your mailbox.
- See, edit, create and delete all of your Google Drive files.
- View groups on your domain.
- View and manage the provisioning of users on your domain.
- Manage messages in groups on your domain.
- See, edit, download, and permanently delete your contacts.
- View your calendars.
- See, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar.
- Create, edit, organize and delete all your tasks.
After reading all the considerations to use the software, click the Allow button.
- A successful sign-in will inform you that authorization has been granted. You can switch to the application.
- Using the drop-down, you need to select the account Microsoft Outlook profile or PST file to migrate. Among the two available options, you can either migrate all data or migrate only new data. Click the Next button.
- Use the checkbox to select the data that you want to migrate to Outlook. Apart from Calendar and Contact, there are multiple options available for the Email Message. Choose the options wisely, and then click the Migrate button.
- Migration of the selected data is started. It will show you the total items that will migrate and how many of them have migrated already. The process will take time for a large volume of data.
You can pause the migration and resume it later also.
The G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook gives you an easy way to migrate your G Suite content to Microsoft Outlook with a standard account. However, the process is quite complex. If you need an easy solution for the backup of G Suite data, then try the Kernel G Suite Backup Tool. The helps you backup Gmail, contacts, calendar, appointments, Hangouts Chats, etc. You can use its filters depending on your requirements and automate the backup with the help of a CSV file.
Due to the simplicity of the migration features of the tool, you can run the definite migration for the specific items only like the Calendar entries or backup of Google hangout chats to Outlook.