Today most of the businesses have employees working in different geographical locations. In such scenarios, it is quite essential to maintain efficient communication between employees and provide instant replies to the queries. Here comes hosted Exchange to your rescue. Like Office 365, it also seen as a cloud version of on-premises Exchange Server, maintained by hosted Exchange service providers.
There are many hosted Exchange providers who make Microsoft Email Server available to enterprises from third-party servers and allow you to place your data on their servers. It is the provider who maintains the client’s data at the server, but the client can use it as a service. The hosted Exchange is installed the third-party servers. It provides some significant advantages to your business like the following:
- Robust Security
The hosted Exchange vendors provide enterprise-level security and protect your professional communication from any external threats. Nowadays, the security arrangements of hosted platforms are far better than the on-premises security settings. So, subscribers can easily meet with compliance standards like ISO 27001, FISMA, and HIPPA. Thus, the business owner can breathe easy regarding the security features of hosted Exchange.
Installing and managing hosted Exchange is more economical than maintaining on-premises Exchange Server. The expense of on-premises Exchange Server includes the expenses for the whole infrastructure like Windows Server, hardware, software, and server systems. Also, there are other expenditures like firewall and third-party anti-malware.
In the hosted Exchange, you just have to pay the subscription fee only. Also, you can easily upgrade or downgrade the Exchange services and pay accordingly. With hosted Exchange also, you can choose the version of Exchange Server you need (as you do with on-premises Exchange).
- Instant subscription
The hosted Exchange is instantly available. You don’t have to analyze your requirements in deep and plan for the infrastructure accordingly. The vendor always maintains enough infrastructure to provide service as per the need of the subscribers. The Exchange provider has to maintain an SSAE-18 compliant data center and avail the data at an accuracy rate of 99.999 percent. Subscribers can easily change their plans as the need arises.
- Regular updates
The hosted Exchange vendor always updates the hosted Exchange environment with the latest updates and patches coming from Microsoft or any other applications. You can also choose to ask the vendor to update any specific application as per your need. You can also manually choose to take a backup of Hosted Exchange to a PST file within the Outlook application configured with hosted Exchange account.
Thus, hosted Exchange Server offers competitive price, instant subscription, and scalability to meet all your email server requirements. And there are numerous providers who are ready to assist you in any email management needs.
Because of these advantages, many Office 365 users migrate to hosted Exchange. Some hosted Exchange providers provide migration services too, but not all. In such situations, you need a professional tool for migration from Office 365 to hosted Exchange.
Here is a tool which can use to migrate your Office 365 mailboxes to hosted Exchange directly, Kernel Migrator for Exchange – Express Edition. With this tool, you do not need to ask your provider for migration services but can conduct a safe migration on your own.
Kernel Migrator for Exchange – Express Edition
It is a migrator tool specially designed to cater to every migration need related to any version of Exchange Server or Office 365. It can access mailbox(es) from your Office 365 account and place them to hosted Exchange account. Let’s check the working procedure of the tool in detail;
- Run the software and click the Add button at the Add Source section.
- Input the login credentials of Office 365 account click the Add button.
- After adding the Office 365 account, now click the Add button at the Add Destination section.
- Here, input the Server name of hosted Exchange, the login ID, and its password. Finally, click Add.
- After adding both the accounts, you need to map the source and destination account by using the Select drop-down.
- After mapping the accounts, click the Set Filter and Migrate button.
- Here, you can select the Mailbox, Archive Mailbox, and Public Folder for both accounts. Click the Migrate button.
- There are multiple filtering options like Folder Selection, Date Filter, Item type filter, Exclude Deleted Folder, Exclude Deleted Folders, and skip previously migrated items. Apply the required filters and click I am OK, Start Migration button.
- The migration has started. You can click the Stop button and stop the ongoing migration.
- After completing the migration, the tool gives you a message. Click the OK button.
- Click the option ‘Save report to CSV’ and get a migration report consisting status of each mailbox item.
Kernel Migrator for Exchange – Express Edition is an easy to use migrator software which removes all the difficulties in complex Exchange migrations and safely migrates an unlimited number of mailboxes to any account. This tool can be used for safe and secure Office 365 to hosted Exchange migrations.