Migrate G Suite to Office 365 Archive Mailbox
Read time 8 minutes
If you compare the benefits between cloud platforms of G Suite (now known as Google Workspace) and Microsoft 365, then Microsoft 365 has an edge over it due to its applications suitable for businesses. When a user wants to adopt Microsoft 365, then he can do it using the Exchange Admin Center. Here is how you can do this.
Migrate G Suite Data to Microsoft 365 Mailbox Manually
Stage 1. Verify the Google Domain
Before using the Exchange Admin Center to start the migration, you need to verify that you own the Google Workspace domain that you want to move to Microsoft 365.
As you set up Microsoft 365 to accommodate data from Gmail, then the setup wizard will provide you a TXT record that you can add to the domain host provider. If you had purchased a domain directly from Google, they are the domain host provider, and you can add the TXT record there.
Also, if you had purchased the domain from a third-party company, you can follow their procedure to add the TXT record.
Stage 2. Add New Users
You need to create user accounts at Microsoft 365 Admin Center. You can add users one by one or add multiple users. Each user will get a mailbox with an Exchange Online license.
Stage 3. Create User List in Google Workspace Admin Control
To create a migration file in MS Excel, including information on Workspace accounts, you should know the email address and passwords of Google accounts.
- Login to Google Workspace Admin Console and go to the active users‘ list.
- Note down the email address of such users that you want to migrate.
- Open MS Excel and input EmailAddress, UserName, and Password fields in separate columns.
- After inputting the details of the account, save the Excel file as a comma-separated value file (CSV).
Stage 4. Create Migration Endpoints
Migration Endpoint connects Microsoft 365 with a Google account. Do the following steps-
- Login to Exchange Admin Center.
- Follow Recipients >> Migration >> More (…) >> Migration Endpoints.
- Click the New (+) button.
- On the Migration Endpoint page, choose IMAP.
- Set IMAP server as imap.gmail.com and keep the remaining settings the same.
- Provide a new name to the Migration endpoint and click New to create it.
Stage 5. Create the Migration Batch
The migration batch can add the earlier created CSV file and migration endpoint to start the migration of Google accounts to Microsoft 365.
- In Microsoft 365 Admin Center, go to Exchange.
- Follow Recipients >> Migration >> New (+) >> Migrate to Exchange Online.
- Select IMAP Migration, click Next, browse the migration file that you have created.
- After selecting the migration file, select the migration endpoint, accept the default values, and click Next.
- Click Add and provide a new name to the migration batch. Click Next and start the migration.
- On the migration page, you can see the status of the migration batch.
After the completion of migration, you can see the emails in the new Microsoft 365 account.
The manual method to migrate G Suite data to Office 365 is limited to email only, and it can create problems at several steps. If the migration file is missing any cell entry, then it will show an error. The migration endpoint may also lose contact during the migration, and migration will be interrupted. You will have to use a different method to import Google Contacts to Outlook.
Also, there are no filter options to select between mailbox, archive mailbox, and public folder data. So, you should use professional software that can access these folders separately and migrate them.
A Professional Migration Tool
Kernel G Suite to Office 365 has a simple interface and various filters to choose only the important data. We are presenting you with a complete process to migrate the G Suite data to the Archive Mailbox in Microsoft 365.
- Start the software and click the Add button in the source section.
- Input the Login ID, Service Account ID, and P 12 file key path for the G Suite account. Then choose the second option to select multiple accounts. Click Get User Mailbox(es).
- After selecting the accounts through checkboxes, click Add.
- The tool has selected the source G Suite accounts. Now click the Add button in the destination section.
- Input Exchange Online server name/IP, Mailbox login ID, and Password. Then choose the option to select multiple accounts and click Get User Mailbox(es).
- Select the account in which you want to migrate the G Suite data. Then click Add.
- Now, you should map the source and destination accounts.
- After mapping the accounts, click Set Filter and Migrate option.
- The ‘Migration Type Selection’ window is important because you can choose the types of folders like Primary mailbox, Archive Mailbox, and Public Folder. Here you should use Archive Mailbox in Microsoft 365. Then click Migrate option.
- Apply the filters available for selective migration. Then click I am OK, Start Migration.
- The software will migrate the entire content quickly, showing the status of each folder. A message will appear related to the process completion. Click OK.
Microsoft 365 can migrate only the emails from Google Workspace account to Microsoft 365. Whereas KernelApps tool will migrate complete content from the selected mailbox(es) along with permissions and metadata. If you plan to migrate G Suite to Office 365, you only need to purchase the subscription and leave the rest to our tool. It will migrate the entire content so that you can start to work on it instantly.