You might have several times taken back up of your outlook .pst file in order to avoid any unexpected data loss situations. The backups always help and are the best means to get back data in case of corruptions and inaccessibility of the Personal Folder File. Here we will discuss the steps to import PST file data to MS Outlook.
For importing PST file, first of all you will have to check the saving location of the PST file. Always make sure that the read only attribute is not selected for the file which needs to be copied. If read only attribute is selected, you may receive following error message:
The specified device, file, or path could not be accessed. It may have been deleted, it may be in use, you may be experiencing network problems, or you may not have sufficient permission to access it. Close every application using this file and try again.
If you receive above mentioned error message, deselect the Read-Only attribute and copy the file again to the location.
Once the PST file is copied to the location, you can start the process of restoring PST file by following these steps:
- Open Outlook.
- On the File menu, click Import And Export. If the command is not available, rest the pointer over the chevrons at the bottom of the menu, and then click Import and Export.
- Select Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Select Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.
- Type the path and the name of the .pst file that you want to import, and then click Next.
- Select the folder that you want to import. To import everything in the .pst file, select the top of the hierarchy.
- Click Finish.
With these steps one can easily import the PST file contents and view with MS Outlook. You can repair the corrupt PST files with the tools available to repair PST files. The free demo version of software lets the user experience the working and features before purchasing the Full version.