Are you looking forward to configure your default Outlook Express account with IMAP Server? If yes, then you are at the right place. This article describes the steps required to configure Outlook Express to use an email account on an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) Server.
Well it’s very easy to configure Outlook Express to use an e-mail account on an IMAP server. Just follow the given below steps and are you done with it:
- In Outlook Express, go to Tools menu and then choose Accounts option.
- Internet Accounts dialog box appears. Here, click Add, and then click Mail.
- In the Display name box, type the name that you want other users to see when you send a message, and then click Next.
- In the E-mail address box, type the e-mail address for the account that you are using (for example, type email@example.com), and then click Next.
- In the E-mail Server Names box, click IMAP for the incoming mail server type (POP3 is the default type), and then type the names of your incoming and outgoing mail servers.
Information about your incoming and outgoing mail servers is provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). If you do not know this information, contact your ISP.
- Click Next.
- Depending on your log on type, either type your IMAP account name and password in the Account name and Password boxes, or click Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA), and then click Next. Here also you need to contact your ISP to determine which log on type to use.
- In the Internet Mail Account Name box, type a name to identify the mail account, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Close the Internet Accounts dialog box.
- When you are prompted to download folders from the mail server, click Yes.
So you can see that mere changes in the settings let you connect with IMAP email accounts in the easiest way.
In case there is trouble with your Outlook Express DBX file i.e. DBX file has got corrupted or damaged and you are not able to access it, then repair Outlook Express DBX file with Outlook Express Recovery software. Even accidentally deleted emails from Outlook Express are easily recovered using the software. So don’t panic in times of Outlook Express email disaster; simply repair Outlook Express DBX file with Kernel for Outlook Express recovery tool.