Configuring MS Outlook with Office 365 is a complicated task. This article guides you to configure your MS Outlook with an Office 365 account without any hassle. After configuring the Office 365 account, you can manage it from your computer using MS Outlook.
- Open Control Panel and click Mail.
- Now click Email Accounts.
- In the Email tab, click New.
- Now choose Manual setup or additional server types and then click Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible services then click Next.
- Enter Server (outlook.office365.com) and User Name; then click to More Settings.
- Click on Security tab, uncheck the Encryption checkbox, and select Anonymous Authentication from Logon Network Security dropdown list; click Apply.
- Click on Connection tab, check Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP checkbox, and click on Exchange Proxy Settings.
- Enter proxy server URL (outlook.office365.com). Check the checkbox Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name on their certificate and type the value “msstd:outlook.com”; select Basic Authentication from proxy authentication dropdown list then click OK.
- Now click on Check Name to select the available names.
- Enter your Office 365 Login ID and Password and click OK.
- Now click on Finish button and your Office 365 account is successfully configured in MS Outlook.
Do you need to back up your Office 365 mailbox data?
Yes. You should backup your Exchange mailbox data to be secured against data losses. Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore is an advanced tool to backup your Office 365 mailboxes. With the comprehensive features of this Office 365 Backup tool, you can back up your mailbox data into PST format. Once the backup is done, you can also restore those backup files to Office365 or Exchange Server. You can export archive/user/shared mailboxes and public folder to PST file using this software. The tool retains complete data integrity and allows you to skip already migrated items. The software is suitable for both end users and administrators.