Video file format conversion becomes a necessity to meet many general and professional requirements like compatibility with the device, driver, or hardware, audio extraction, video editing, movie making, etc. MP4 being the popular and most used video file format, it often becomes necessary to convert other files to MP4 format. We will be discussing the top 5 free MP4 converter tools and their features.
What is a Perfect Video Converter Tool?
There are some essential features and functions which video users look for in a video converter tool. Let us have a look at them.
- Convert all popular video file formats, including MP4
- Support all popular video file formats as output format
- Video files of all sizes and resolutions should be supported
- Compatibility with your OS environment
- Simple design, features, and GUI for easy working
- Free of cost or a cost-effective
- Convert video files from any device, including professional HD cameras and drones
These features are expected by most of the video users for stress-free and quick conversion without any hassles. If these features are available in a video converter tool, then it is desirable for any user. Let us know which free mp4 converter tools have made it to the top in 2021.
Top 5 Free MP4 Converter Tools in 2021
Find below the list of top 5 MP4 converter tools in 2021.
We are going to see some important features of each of the above MP4 video converter tools, along with some of their drawbacks. It can help you decide which tool to choose for your business.
- Converts mp4 and other video file formats to most of the popular formats
- Converts any number of video files together
- Converts videos from all devices and of all formats
- Extracts audio from video files
- Multiple output format categories for conversion
- Saves converted video files to the desired destination
- Simple and interactive Graphic User Interface
- Support for all Windows Operating System versions
- Free version for understanding software working
- Does not include video editing features
- Does not work in the Mac environment
- The trial version offers 15-second video conversion only
Movavi Video Converter
- Drag and drop feature for easy addition of video files/folders
- Video editing facilities like Adjustments, Effects, Subtitles, Watermark, Crop, Rotate, Trim, etc.
- Convert videos from any format or device to another
- Extracts audio from video files
- File size, quality, resolutions, and audio adjustments facilities
- 7-day trial version
- Works on both Mac and Windows versions
- Graphic User Interface is not so convenient
- Is more like a video editing tool
Prism Video Converter
- Converts MP4 and other video formats
- Converts DVDs to digital files
- Compresses videos and allows editing
- Offers preview of converted videos
- Supports both Windows and Mac environments
- A free version of the software is available
- The free version supports a few encoding formats only
- A lot of features and steps leading to a longer duration for conversions
- GUI could be more simple
VLC Video Converter
- Free video converter tool
- Convert MP4 and more video file formats
- Convert multiple video files together
- Convert to selected video profile
- Conversion settings like display output, etc.
- Limited video output formats for conversion
- Unsatisfactory outputs and results many times
- Unreliable for large-sized video files
- Not for HD and high-resolution videos
Online Video Converters
Online video converters are used by some users as there is no download and installation needed.
- Free of cost video converter
- Add files manually or by drag-drop action
- Converts multiple video files to the selected file formats
- Move converted files to Google Drive or Dropbox
- Generate download links after the conversion
- Custom settings for quality, aspect ratio, codec, ratio, flip, etc.
- Converted files are available for download for up to 24 hours
- Supports video file conversion of files up to 100MB size only
- Completely a free converter tool
- Convert MP4, MOV, MKV, and more formats
- Add files from the drive, device, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Advanced video conversion settings – video codec, screen size, aspect ratio, frame size, etc.
- Converts to audio and video formats
- Supports video files of size up to 1GB only
- Limited output video formats for conversion
So, make your choice based on the above discussion. We have discussed the main features and the limitations of the top video converters of the year 2021. The decision may depend on your file size, video output format, simplicity of the GUI, reliability, convenience, or some other factor. However, don’t forget to try the free version of each tool before arriving at a decision.
Have a smooth video file conversion with the video converter tool of your choice!