As we all know, there can be number of reasons for transferring Outlook Express settings from one computer to another. You may require to transfer settings because you have changed your hard drive, accidentally deleted your mail account, set up a new PC or have done modifications in the account settings. Whenever you come across these situations, the very first question comes in your mind, how can I transfer settings in simple steps?
This article is for you where you will get to know the procedure for transferring Outlook Express settings from old computer to new computer.
Whenever you need to transfer Outlook Express settings from old computer to new computer, perform the following steps:
1. First of all, attach any removable media to your computer system. The attached removable media will display as a removable drive in My Computer.
2. Open Outlook Express
3. Click Tools from the menu bar and select the Accounts option. A Window will open where number of mail accounts configured on Outlook Express will be displayed
4. Select the account for which settings needs to be transferred.
5. Click the Export button from right panel.
6. The Export Internet Account window to save the settings file will appear. Browse and select the removable media to save the settings file.
7. The Outlook Express mail account settings file will get saved in mail.servername.IAF file of the removable media.
Once you export the Outlook Express settings from old computer, you need to import it to the new computer, so that you can begin again the email communication. To import the saved settings file to new computer, perform following steps:
- Attach the Removable media to drive.
- Open Outlook Express
- Click Tools from the menu bar and select the Accounts option.
- Click the Import button from right panel.
- Select the mail.servername.IAF file from the removable media and click Open.
- The .IAF file will get configured in Outlook Express
After completing the export and import process, the mail account settings of Outlook Express will be successfully transferred from one computer to another. You can also modify these account settings by selecting an account name and clicking Properties button from the right panel of the window.
Email Recovery from DBX files of Outlook Express: Kernel for Outlook Express is one stop solution to repair DBX files and recover emails and other items from them. To repair outlook express files, download free evaluation version of the software.