Many email users prefer using multiple email programs simultaneously. Like someone is using both Outlook Express and MS Outlook at a same time. Need for working on multiple email programs varies from person to person. Reason could be taking full advantage of various email clients altogether, so that work could be done more perfectly and deliberately.
Using multiple email programs simultaneously is helpful but problem arises while dealing with the contacts, as contacts existing in one email client are not updated with the second email client. Contacts are of utmost importance, emailing suffers a lot if contacts are not updated altogether in all email programs we are using. If you are having Outlook Express and MS Outlook both and you need to use same contact list in both, then this article will be very much helpful to you.
To share contacts in Outlook Express and MS Outlook is very much simple and just needs few changes in the settings. There are two ways with which you can perform this operation. Opt for any one of the two:
Follow the given below instructions and your contacts will be updated.
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type – Regedit and hit Enter
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / WAB / WAB4
- On the right side, right click and add a new DWORD key called UseOutlook
- Double-click the new key and give it a value of 1
- Close the Registry Editor and restart MS Outlook and Outlook Express
For sharing Outlook and Outlook Express address book data:
- Launch Outlook Express.
- Select Tools Â > Address Book… from the menu.
- In the address book, choose Tools > Options… from the menu.
- Check the box Share contact information among Microsoft Outlook and other applications.
- Click OK.
After making the above mentioned substantial changes, any change either in the Address Book of Outlook Express or in the Contacts of MS Outlook, one will update the other. It is to note that this is not applicable with MS Outlook 2007.
If there is corruption in Outlook PST files or Outlook Express DBX files, you can get assured successful recovery of the mails using Kernel for Outlook to repair PST file and Kernel for Outlook Express to repair Outlook Express databases.