Analyzing causes and resolutions for Access Database Corruption
Microsoft Access database is useful utility, with which user is able to maintain databases for continuous management of information. Access database corruption can land you up in trouble. Mostly, the fatal system errors like an invalid page fault, an application exception error or a STOP error, force the Windows based applications such as Microsoft Access to fail and it just stops responding. Adding to worst, these errors even cause the operating system to stop responding.
These fatal system errors could be attributed to the following reasons:
- Something unpredicted occurred within your system; or there is improper memory addressing; Windows application might read from or write to a memory location which hasn’t been allocated to the same; there is overwriting of data, damaging the original content.
- Invalid restrictions have been approved between the applications and Windows environment. The invalid parameters cause the invalid instructions, resulting into the page faults. This is generally caused by the internal code problems of the application.
For troubleshooting, you need to analyze the causes of these errors in MS Access. These causes could be as given below:
- An incorrigible bug in the Microsoft Access
- A corrupted or damaged Access database
- Fragmentation in the database
- Inappropriate registry settings
- Mismatched DLL (Dynamical link Library) files
Once these errors cropped in Access database, data corruption becomes inevitable if timely action is not taken. To make your database accessible again, you need to resolve these issues as early as possible.
Possible solutions for these Access database corruption issues are:
- If the problem is due to inveterate bug in access, inappropriate registry entries, or mismatched DLL files, then you must reinstall Microsoft Access.
- If the problem is due to damaged or corrupted Access database, then go for Access database recovery.
Access database recovery is accomplished using Kernel for Access Repair software. Access database recovery software scans the entire MDB Access file for errors and repairs it. All database objects are recovered easily using Access database recovery software.